Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Weapons in Plain BUT HOLSTERED view

Damn Talking About Holsters Ive Been Looking for answers to a Certain Question Noone Thus Far Can Answer For me. I Am A Resident in the Dr but Live Here In the BX Just Bought a Brand New Smith And Wesson 910 9mm With a 15 Round Mag (Almost 3000 USD!! including Both Licenses And 2 boxes of ammo Now My Father Also Bought and had Recieved His Fireram Which happends to Be a Carandai 9mm (which i understand is very Popular Over there) Now i want to Know He Carries The Weapon Cross Draw in the Front of His Pants Which Obveously is in Plain View, (Which we Have Passed By Several Cops And They Just Stare At him and dont tell Him anything) Even though The Same Day i recieved the Weapon Happend to be The same day i was Leaving So i got to Fire It Like twice Before I Went Home And Cleaned It For Safe Keeping in my Sentry SAFE Which i had Cemented into the Wall in my Room But what i Want to Know is In terms of Carrying i Plan on Buying a Holster Over Here and taking it with me Which after Talking to my FBI employed Cousins I can because it is Considered Apparel and Not part of the Gun in anyway, I want to know For instance i Personally Like the Original On the Belt Outside of the Pants Holsters. Would i be Able to Have The firearm Holstered with Thumb-break in View out side my Shirt or would i Have to Cover it with my Shirt (this would defeat the purpose) i wanna know because my Father Doesnt seem To have A Problem When he Carries in plain view, But then again I am Young So there might me a Difference with me Because of my appearence????

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago you could carry the gun in plain view, but not anymore, at least not legally. The PN probably will not bother you, but if someone with the G2 catches you, it will be a problem.

It is not a good idea to have the gun in sight anyway. You could be the target of a robbery attempt, as the gun is very valuable here.

Carry it concealed. Get yourself an Uncle Mike inside the waist holster and keep your shirt out. You can buy the holster either here or in the US.

I sometimes use an outside the waist holster, with my shirt out. You cannot see it, and the draw is easy.

Stellar_Holsters

This guy makes a great holster. You would have to check if it will fit your gun. He makes them all custom.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Its always better to have your weapon concealed because if you show it off someone will go for your weapon first then what do you do? Always better to have the element of suprise on your side.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Your father is in the DR or NY when he openly carry his firearm? Because to my knowledge you can't do either in NYC or DR and all licenses are for conceal carry only. (virtually impossible in NYC)

Anywho, I agree with badpiece and sky, concealment is the way to go!! I would like to add that the sky-marshall holster(cross draw) is good and designed if you are driving car. What type of license do you have in the Bronx??

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Be Wise.. Don't break the Law!

It is now illegal to display a handgun on your person, here in the DR (even with a "Porte Permit". If you are an EXTRANJERO, don't do it! You are asking for trouble. Just use simple intelligence. When you are living/visiting as a foreginer in someones else's country... dont break the law...you will be happier for it, believe me!! Only legal Dominican Residents (Blue Card) can own and/or carry firearms in the DR. No exceptions, unless you have a Presidential decree issued.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's illegal in the Dr to carry an unconcealed that's news to me. You see countless firearms on people every day. Then again people don't stop for lights, why would they start here

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

actually nothing here in the U.S. Strictly Over there.But I was going for the concealed look anyway with an inside the pants holster (except while Driving!!) so i can thankfully Say thanks for ur opinions!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You are not too bright, are you? that is the way to get into trouble...be aware that people that carry guns had better be real careful ....

HB

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

First off as a foreigner I wouldn't carry a gun around...but if you're going to then, I think the conceal method is the way to go as some people have already mentioned. I've had discussions with my brother about this and he thinks that plain view is better because of the deterrent factor. He carries his out in the open and could care less, but then again he's not a foreigner, has all the permits and knows people in case he finds himself in a pickle.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think concealing the weapon is definitely the best advice for some one living in the country. But you might want to go on a roof top and let a couple of rounds go just to let the locals know that you have a gun and not to mess with you. This is if you are staying in a barrio which you probably are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast