looking for AA and AlAnon meetings

pamela m

Nov 17, 2007
It's not supposed to be this hard! I asked forhelp a few months ago in finding an English speaking AA meeting and a few people responded, but I was unable to find the meeting. The number listed for AA in Santo Domingo doesn't work and I can't find one for Al Anon either. No websites either.

Anyone out there know how to find meetings in English - or Spanish - for both AA and Al Anon. Or do you know a way to contact the orgs? I'd be forever in your debt.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
HI. Log in. Search "AA meetings in Sosua". Gives you a place and phone number for Sosua. They may be able to provide more infor for S.D. From pasts posts, AA is in S.D. I'm sure others can provide better info.

Regards, Ringo

ace

Apr 11, 2004
AA meetings

Pamela,

I sent you a private message with a contact . He is the best person to help you.

See you soon .

There are 3 meeting a week in Sosua Tue. Thurs, Sat 12:00 noon at La Roca , upstairs.

The meeting list may say the Tropix's, that has been moved and I sent in the updated info to Intergroup last year.

wpcallahan

Nov 25, 2008
Finding an AA meeting in Santo Domingo

If you are looking for an English speaking AA meeting in Santo Domingo, there are two that I know of. Both meet at 7:30 PM at the Episcopal Church near the malecon, behind the Melia Hotel. It's across the street from a panderia restaurant named "Hnos Villa or Villa Brothers". Get there a little early as getting in the church side gate and finding the room is tricky. You can call Michael at 809-777-6629 and he can give you more info. Also, there are two NA meetings in english near Parque Indepencia in the colonial district on Tues and Thurs at 6 PM. Michael can give you info for those ones also.

I will have a number soon and will post that also. You can reach me for now via my girlfriends phone 829-875-8125, and ask for Bill. She doesnt speak english, but will put me on if I am there.

pocahontas

May 31, 2009
are there still english speaking AA meetings in santo domingo? and if so, where and how can i get into contact with them?

please help... desperate

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
For people in the Sosua area, the information provided by Lambada is as far as I know the most accurate and up-to-date. (One or two of the other replies are a bit out-of-date - the meetings are not at La Roca or Tropix). There are meetings every day of the week, at different times. If I can help any further, send me a private message. Good Luck!

jcab

Feb 11, 2011
AA meetings Santo Domingo- Recent developments?

Hello my name is Cameron B. I will be in DR for about a month (starting next Tuesday) and was hoping to make some English speaking AA meetings. I stumble across your website and i was hoping i could ask a few quick questions about AA in DR:
Are there any English AA meetings in Santo Domingo? Are there any in the other cities on the island? Do you know where I could get a meeting schedule or contact list for the meetings?

I have been involved in another 12 step fellowship for about 5 years here in the states and would love to stay connected as i explore the DR.

thank you all for your help,

Cameron B

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
AA Sosua/Cabarete

The AA meetings are no longer at Tropix or La Roca. They have moved to the Punta Goleta area

Meetings are as follows:

Monday 12 noon: Step meetings
Tues, Wed, Thrus 12 noon: discussion meetings
Friday:5 p.m Big Book Study
Saturday: 12 noon......this is an open meeting....meaning friends/family may also attend
Sunday: 8 a.m Spiritual meeting.

John F is the person to contact for directions, 809-307-0321 (this his AA hotline, not a personal number)

All meetings are well attended and a drug/alcohol counselor is also available to meet with members.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hello my name is Cameron B. I will be in DR for about a month (starting next Tuesday) and was hoping to make some English speaking AA meetings. I stumble across your website and i was hoping i could ask a few quick questions about AA in DR:
Are there any English AA meetings in Santo Domingo? Are there any in the other cities on the island? Do you know where I could get a meeting schedule or contact list for the meetings?

I have been involved in another 12 step fellowship for about 5 years here in the states and would love to stay connected as i explore the DR.

thank you all for your help,

Cameron B
Keep your mind in the first step while in DR, if don't find a meeting and you will be safe.

JJ

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i was desperate, alone in SD, i found a meeting location in SD, spanish only. the people were warm and friendly, they did not ask me to speak as they knew i did not speak spanish. after the meeting i made the best friends of my life (some important millionaires as well as many less fortunate), i still go to spanish speaking meetings when in SD, they know i'm sick and suffering just like they are, there is no cure for the disease. now i'm at the point where the old timers recognize me and give me a big hug. the disease transcends language. my biggest thrill was when they told me at an N.A. meeting that i was the first northerner that had ever been to their meeting. they were honored, i was blown away. before and after the meeting made many true friends. these meetings aren't small either, you'll be received with open arms.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
keep in mind that in AA in SD, coffee is served, as well as a piece of candy, much more civil than the US.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i met everyone, just can't say that Chepe rings a bell. but those in AA remember this dumb gringo and they are always happy to see me.....if i've been gone 3 months or 3 years......go to spanish meetings, sit down, shut up, you will learn from the process of assmosis ( your ass in a chair).......later you can tell of your "unique" situation...........

Reactions: Celt202

captboink

Mar 3, 2011
try this number for santo domingo 809-299-0961, his name is gabrial. we meet tuesday and friday at 7pm at the epicapol church on independencia ave. my name is gary and i will be attending the meetings there from april thru september. there is also a meeting near cabarette on the north coast. the contact there is john, his number can be located in the international aa directory. hope this helps.

rick3993

Sep 5, 2006
Alcoholicos Anymous meetings in Santo Domingo

Please does anyone know of any....where what time...who to contact...Thank you so muct Rick 8295363073

Rachelle

Aug 18, 2012
Hi, I will be in Las Terrenas and in Santiago, I haven't seen any information regarding Al Anon (or AA) English speaking meetings. Would any one happen to know of any?

Namast?,

Rachelle