Getting A Loan From The Bank

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
I'm going to open an account with banco popular because I'm in need of a loan. I don't know how the process works. I would like for someone to PM so they can answer some questions I have. Thanks.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Sorry for the double post but I need someone to get to me quick about this. I'm in a bit of a pickle and I need to get this loan ASAP. I don't want to go to BancoPopular and ask them because I don't trust anyone that works in a bank. Once again, sorry for the double post, and thanks.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Sorry for the double post but I need someone to get to me quick about this. I'm in a bit of a pickle and I need to get this loan ASAP. I don't want to go to BancoPopular and ask them because I don't trust anyone that works in a bank. Once again, sorry for the double post, and thanks.

I don't understand - you are going to Banco Popular to open an account, and then ask them for a loan - you are going to trust them with your money with which you are opening up your account but yet you don't trust them to answer your questions. This makes no sense at all.

Now, you surely aren't expecting someone from DR1 to help you out financially given your track record (see above links Lambada provided), are you? Is that why you want someone to pm you and not answer your questions publically. Sounds almost illegal, being this secretive.

Marlie

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sell your "Jordans" or ask your family, remember... "my family is VERY WELL RECOGNIZED in DR".

Why would the bank give you a loan? Do you have any credit history or assets to back it up, apart from the 2nd hand Jordans :)

Post your questions here....

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
As you're Dominican & with a well recognised family here, why not call them to help you?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/529860-post1.html

What's the pickle? you didn't visit your friend did you?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/69257-my-friend-jail-can-i-visit-him.html

I can't ask my family because they are mad at me. I had just wrecked my car a few weeks ago (horrible horrible accident I'm lucky to be alive), and now I wrecked my friend's car. If I tell them I wrecked my friend's car I will be over my head in bull**** from the family, you know how it is. And no, I didn't visit my friend. I know my situation sounds trivial and immature but its stressing me out. The real reason is before I had wrecked my friend's car I was looking for something in my bookbag earlier that day and some condoms I had (which I was actually bringing to someone else) had fallen out and the seat. I couldn't find them because it was night so I decided to leave them there until morning. Anyways, after I had crashed his family member had inspected the car and found the condoms, then told his fiancee and then his fiancee dumped him (because his rat bastard family told her that they were his, and some other bull**** as well). So my friend is almost suicidal now, and I am having the guilt trip of my life. So this is why I need the loan ASAP. I'm not a criminal or a delincuent so no I have no illegal affairs going on. I just didn't want to make my whole sob story public so that all the people here can post negative replies to make themselves feel better about themselves, because somehow being a smartass on the internet makes people feel good.

Sell your "Jordans" or ask your family, remember... "my family is VERY WELL RECOGNIZED in DR".

Why would the bank give you a loan? Do you have any credit history or assets to back it up, apart from the 2nd hand Jordans :)

Post your questions here....

Robert you must really have no life if you're still obsessing about the fact that I like my Jordans, alot. I appreciate the fact though that I matter to you enough that you remember it.

Anyways, my questions are as follows, I have no credit history in this country. I heard that I can get my uncle to cosign or something like that. I was thinking about that. I've decided that I will go to the bank tomorrow. How long does it take to get the money once I've been approved for the loan, and how long does it take to get approved for a loan?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dude sorry about your accident.

Getting a loan at Banco Popular takes forever (minimum 1 month, if you're Dominican, otherwise it's like four months). You have to have some kind of collateral or someone else has to put down something of at least double the value of the loan as a guarantee.

Your best bet if you need a loan quick is to go to a Financiera and you'll get your loan in a day or two, but then again you have to have the collateral and the rates will be at least 35% / year.

Oh and I just saw that you don't have a Dominican cedula. You might as well forget about a loan at the bank, even if you have the collateral.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
This is better than any TV program. I don't think peple can write this kinda stuff. Keep'em coming. AND no commercials!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert you must really have no life if you're still obsessing about the fact that I like my Jordans, alot. I appreciate the fact though that I matter to you enough that you remember it.

Actually, I have a pretty good life. Anyways... thanks for making it that little bit more entertaining. I hope the "Jordans" survived!

My advice, go speak to your dad face to face and tell him the truth.
It's not easy, but it will work our better in the long run.

Good luck!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Actually, I have a pretty good life. Anyways... thanks for making it that little bit more entertaining. I hope the "Jordans" survived!

My advice, go speak to your dad face to face and tell him the truth.
It's not easy, but it will work our better in the long run.

Good luck!
Robert, he's Dominican.

You expect him to 'fess up? ;)

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
What does him fessing up have to do with him being Dominican? I won' put words in your mouth, but what is the implied meaning of your generalization? So because he's Dominican he can't be honest and fess up??

OP, Robert's right. Come clean, it'll be better in the long run.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What does him fessing up have to do with him being Dominican? I won' put words in your mouth, but what is the implied meaning of your generalization? So because he's Dominican he can't be honest and fess up??

OP, Robert's right. Come clean, it'll be better in the long run.
You must have 1) missed the ;), and 2) not know about the OP's history.

In the future, I'll post my jokes and sarcasm in blue...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
aguakateyplatanotolodia, fess up and please grow up. You're a med. student aren't you? I have some doubts about the emotional stability of a man who keeps needing to post about dramas. Either you are accident prone or you need the attention neither of which are admirable qualities in a doctor. suarezn is absolutely right, you won't qualify for a bank loan. If you go to a Financiera you'll be coming on here in 2 months time & posting that you need to sell your body to make the payments.........:ermm:

Parents aren't unreasonable people generally. Sorry if I sound like I'm talking to a 14 year old but.......... Please take good care driving in future.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
This persons life reminds of the saying:

I have such bad luck that when my ship finally comes in - I'll be at the airport!! LOL

Sorry couldn't resist;)

Marlie

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
I don't have a problem confessing to my father, I had already told him about the first accident. I have a pretty good relationship with my father but I don't like to make my parents worry. Especially my mother. I'm an adult now, 21 years, studying medicine, and I'm just tired of being a liability. I want to try and handle the situation myself. I can get a cosigner, an uncle of mine had already agreed to it. I can pay any interest rates, in fact I will probably end up paying the whole loan back in a month or two. So where is it possible for me to get a loan ASAP? (Since it supposedly takes a month with BancoPopular)