3rd Times' a "CHARM"...?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
reetings,

Well I have just returned once again from the beautiful sugary sands of DR...and I have to tell you this last trip really threw me for a loop, I went with my beautiful daughter and her cousin, another 2 weeks in paradise...came back to the same resort, same bartenders, same friends same everything we had made the last 2 trips..and still No idea "Sanky Panky " exists, there were many opportunities for "these so called friends" to tell us about Sankies..or even warn us that this an epidemic in tourism...I was clueless, I didn't even learn of the word until I returned home and started getting " Dominican Death threats" ...Oh yes...seems to me my Sanky "the waiter" was very much into a relationship and not to mention very much busted for a text message he received by me...only she got to it first!

Luckily I was on my last 3 days before my trip needed, it was new years eve, I had a few drinks and when the fireworks went off, we connected...we never even glanced at each other before, I had seen him all 3 stays, but I was not interested in any kind of relationship with any of them, so I believe when they say it's in the eyes...I gave him a glance of approval, I know how I flirt, I provoked him to pick me. Do they pick us? do we pick them? either way..in 3 days I was hooked...3 days, I have been single for about 5 years, i am 35 years old...mind you i look and feel younger, Everyone thought my daughter was just a friend.

I'm just grateful I got the phone call from the girlfriend ? wife? whichever she is, there was allot of Spanish yelling I didn't understand, the words I did understand were "DEAD" and Sanky Panky- I thought she was asking me if I did Hanky Panky? like I said clueless..
I called my Canadian friend that lives in DR and he is the one that told me about DR1 and this forum..I have to say thanks for this...you guys have definitely helped me get over the "hurt" feelings, I was starting to develop feelings for him, and I am extremely generous I think if I hadn't discovered this forum I would have listened to the excuses that quickly came by text.Instead I changed my cell number so that neither of them can reach me again.

fortunately the girls had an amazing vacation, they enjoyed the eye candy very much but not enough to fall for prey.
I will be drfinately visiting those sugary sands again, however..i will proceed with caution..and maybe try a new resort.
thanks for sharing your stories...all the best and happy and safe travels!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
So glad your friend told you about DR1, and really glad you found out quickly what this is all about.

But don't forget to come back! You can still have amazing vacations here....

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
DR definately has a special place in my heart, everyone we have met, including the woman have been great, at first it may take a bit to warm up to the woman, but regardless the people have been friendly and welcomed us with open arms. The music the dancing, the stars, the ocean...really paradise..I will be back.

thank you!

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Looking back...Another thing that was somewhat disturbing, One of the dancers we became friends with had her son at the resort for Christmas, a real handsome kid about 10 years old!!

the animation staff were encouraging him to talk to a younger tourist girl, but he insisted he wanted to marry me...again i'm 35...Now..I may be at complete fault for this..it was Christmas day, and i thought here's a sweet kid... i gave him$20, a small gift for Christmas, to get himself something...and that was it, after that all he talked about was marring me!! Holding my hand ,kissing me, hugging me,telling me how beautiful i am ..all this from a 10 year old.*sigh* i feel terrible..did i just corrupt a child ?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Thanks Bryan...you are so sensative towards ones feelings!!

I think he was already being "groomed" for the role!!
Although I made it too easy for him.

my bad!!

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
Why would a 10 year old even be talking this way?

hmmmmmmmmmm This is not normal behavior for a 10 year old child. A 10 year old child can't even begin to imagine leaving mommy. Maybe there is no mommy and you were his mommy wanna-be.

This had to do with a maternal deprevation/starvation, not romantic love. This young boy needs psychological help. God bless him.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Ocean, he has a mommy-but you are right about maternal deprevation/starvation,he only sees her 6 days out of a month!! I'm not sure who takes care of him,while she is at work?
these people work so hard, long hours to make a living and support their families.I couldnt imagine only seeing my daughter 6 days a month, it would be so hard!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Ocean, he has a mommy-but you are right about maternal deprevation/starvation,he only sees her 6 days out of a month!! I'm not sure who takes care of him,while she is at work?
these people work so hard, long hours to make a living and support their families.I couldnt imagine only seeing my daughter 6 days a month, it would be so hard!

She doesn't have enough time to spend with her child but she has enough time to make sure he is learning how to become a sanky. Oh brother...:ermm:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Marring or Marrying?

... here's a sweet kid... i gave him$20, a small gift for Christmas, to get himself something...and that was it, after that all he talked about was marring me!! Holding my hand ,kissing me, hugging me,telling me how beautiful i am ..all this from a 10 year old.*sigh* i feel terrible..did i just corrupt a child ?

Daily procedure, although done on a different age level... :tired:
The trade is obviously passed on to the offspring at a very early age.

m'frog

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Marrying...this is one word i DO know how to spell, although i should take time to read my post prior to sending!! Because i am new to this, i get a little excited, i feel i have so much to say..i just post too soon!!

The problem with the trade is these resort workers and animacion kids are so young, and many of them have offspring of their own, you would think the lifestyle they live would not be the one they wish for their own children.

thanks for pointing that out! m'frog

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Not The Worst Of Trades

...you would think the lifestyle they live would not be the one they wish for their own children.
From their point of view the 'trade' is not bad:
The pay is relatively good, the work involves a lot of fun and is not bone breaking...
The perks that come with it have made many members of this board wish to become 'sankies' in their future lives...

m'frog

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
If this boy is any indication of what creates a sankie, then probably every sankie had a mother and that female failed him.

Maternal failures are devestating to a child and create so many problems throughout that child's life. Don't blame the men, blame their mother.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Cellense ya!!

For the love of God.....Give it a rest already.

This kid is 10 years of age....He is NOT acting like a Sankie.....He is NOT "studying" the Sankiesm religion....

ALLLLLL he is doing is being a little brat....Being an uneducated kid.

He acts like that because there's a big chance he sees his father do the same thing with all his conquests.

These kids are a dime a dozen...Here, there, everywhere.

Kids like him act this way because their parents do NOT give them much....gifts or love... they do NOT have much....and when they feel cared/loved by someone, they show their emotions by becoming little "lambones".

MANY moons ago, my nephew (born and raised in the US) was just like that....Every time someone gave in something, Holy Molly, it was like you married the little brat.

I used to tell my brother to educate his kid better....That it was an embarrassment to watch that kid practically make love to a person's leg just because something was given to him, while his parent just stood THERE like two morons, NOT saying a word!.

Again, this kid is NOT being trained to be a Sankie....ALLLLL he need is for his parents to educate him better.

If his parents see nothing wrong with him acting like that, I am sure they are NOT that well educated, do NOT have much and are just like him....Always with their hands "out", if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Miguel, I can totally relate to what you are saying, there are kids in Canada that act the same way, i'm just wondering how many kids are exposed to "Sanky Panky" talk and follow in parents footsteps.

There is small community outside our resort, we went for many walks outside the resort because they moved the venders to the community, as they are building a new hotel close by and were asked to leave the beach area where they were originally posted, I'm not sure if the community even had a name but it was near Cabezo de Toro. There was a small "motel" where these kids would watch "Sankys" hand in hand with their white woman in and out all day!!

I'm sure the kids see everything, it's really a shame they have to witness this disgusting behaviour.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
That it was an embarrassment to watch that kid practically make love to a person's leg just because something was given to him, while his parent just stood THERE like two morons, NOT saying a word!.

Ummm, miguel....if my dog every does that to you, it's domination, not sexual attraction. ;)

I agree with you. In fact I think $10 out of the blue would have made me happy when I was a kid. Especially when there isn't a lot of money to go around in the family. Well I know my uncle would always leave money in my coat pocket for me to find after he left and that was a really big deal to me. I better call him tomorrow, he's 84 and has a recurrence of prostate cancer.

Kids are kids, some of us wanted to marry of fathers :paranoid:. We grow out of it.:paranoid: sort of... :paranoid:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I agree. This is the most disgusting thing I find about sankies: they get entire family and kids involved in their scams to create sort of "real life" situations. Or, they just lie to the family members, hiding their actions, pretending to be something they are not - like a "good," "decent," "Christian" family man :ermm:. Well, lie is a lie. Kids feel it. They learn to be sneaky, lie and steal just the same way as parents do :(

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Well I spoke with one of the animation guys at the Viva Wyndham and he gives all his money to his mother and step father so they can take care of his brothers and sisters. He said "This isn't working, sitting around all day at a resort hanging out with tourists. If you want to see what some Dominican have to do for the same money, go into Puerta Plata and you'll see them really working hard for next to nothing." It's not all black and white, some of the resort workers are decent individuals. And the dancers will all be burnt out needing knee surgery dancing in high heels by the time they're 30. And if the OP thought they were deceitful, I doubt she would have befriended one and forked over $10 to the child. That's just my two centavos. You guys are so jaded. :p

Last edited:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am not talking about hard working Dominicans. I was only talking about scammers. I am sure there are a lot of decent Dominican people working in the tourist industry and other places. It is not very realistic for us, tourists, to get to know them unfortunately.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Why don't you sankie lovers, sankie apologists and sankie enthusiasts give it a break already?

Aren't there other topics that need beating to death besides this one?

Last edited by a moderator: