Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Murderers, drug dealers, rapists returned to DR

Today's Listin Diario posts an article that states that 119 dangerous ex-convicts including murderers, drug dealers, rapists, and assorted others were just returned by the U.S. to live in the D.R. It also states that DR officials were warned that these men were "extremely dangerous". The article continues to state that over 4,000 ex-convicts were returned to DR in 2007 and that more than 5,000 Dominicans are in U.S. jails and prisons waiting to finish their prison terms and be sent back to the DR. Is it any wonder that crime rates continue to rise in this country? Sadly, these men are hardened criminals who having been in prison will not be able to find regular jobs in their own country. They will probably return to do what they know best: murder, sell drugs, rob, and do whatever else they were sent to prison for in the first place! Paradise lost?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been going on for years. A good percentage of Dominican men that you run into that speak English fairly well do so because they learned in the U.S., were deported for crimes there, often violent, and now reside back in their own country with the additional criminnal knowledge that they picked up from traveling abroad and jailtime with more sophisticated criminals. And many times a guy has come up to me talking english. I know to ask them(if it gets that far)why they were deported. They either answer truthfully that they were or not, but by the prison tattoos and jailhouse slang it is often obvious.
    As for paradise lost, I dont think so. But I much prefer to be around the campesinos than some half way house tigre that I know is unscrupulous at best. That is easy enough to find back in the U.S.

apostropheman

thread started last night on this topic
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/713...-go-again.html

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Been discussed ad nauseam. They contribute to the crime, but are not the main reason why crime is up (even though many people like to use them as scapegoats). Main reason crime is up is due to all the drugs (daily plane loads) being dropped on Dominican soil and some of that drug staying in the country for internal consumption.

John Evans

there is probably a steady flow of criminals the other way as well so you end up with the same amount....errr possibly

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default curious

I have always wondered if any of them can, at any time, apply to go back to US and if US will accept them? With thousands of them being deported, it seems to me that it must be easy to go back at some point.

I know someone who was deported from US and wants to go to Canada or England so maybe that is an easier route for him? I have never asked but I know he makes it a point to try and meet women from either of those countries.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Sorry, I had not seen the post previous to mine on the same subject. But if some people think that returning convicts are not a major reason of the delinquency problem in the DR they are sadly mistaken. The DR is not the U.S. in terms of total land area. Criminals in the U.S. can roam from New York to California in search of their victims. Not so in the DR, their scope of activity is severely limited. Local criminals are enough to deal with without the added numbers of those returned from the U.S. to such a relatively small country!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canbon View Post
    I have always wondered if any of them can, at any time, apply to go back to US and if US will accept them? With thousands of them being deported, it seems to me that it must be easy to go back at some point.

I know someone who was deported from US and wants to go to Canada or England so maybe that is an easier route for him? I have never asked but I know he makes it a point to try and meet women from either of those countries.
    I don't think that there is any way that these people are allowed back into the U.S. legally. There is a five year sentance for just entering the U.S. illegally if you have been deported.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Matter of fact, these criminals need to be seriously monitored by the Policia, because I saw a program that stated that one of the main reasons the gang (MS-13) is so large in central america is because of all of the Los Angeles gang members being deported back and recruiting members in those countries. They showed a gang murder in El Salvador and when the police turned him over, it revealed his tatoos of the L.A. clan of MS-13.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No to Canada

This is one of the country, really hard to give a visa for family members, workers, and wealthy and student, Those are people with moral and their visa normally are turn down. I dont think that Canada will accept Criminals.

I believe the name of criminal are on the Interpol data and screen the person is part of the immigration officer.

But law its crazy I wont be surprise if they can get a visa to Canada and the excuse will be "If they havent done any crime in Canada why stop them" just to bring Human rights / discrimination as issue

Quote Originally Posted by canbon View Post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast