Hush Puppy Found In Pop

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a hush puppy (also known as basset hound) was found in puerto plata today.
he is well fed and has a collar so he may belong to someone and given his breed - maybe to a gringo.
it's a boy, approximately one year old, right now he is in brugal plant in city centre (behind silverio messon), we may have to take him to the vet on manolo tavarez justo (can't stay in the plant for ever).
if someone knows the possible owner plase PM me.
also if there is someone willing to adopt this dude - PM me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, she is right next to our office, will pop in and talk to her...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
update

the dog is now with veterinario in pet shop del norte, on manolo tavarez justo (close to jose luis).the vet is a nice german lady, she has foundation that helps dogs find new homes.
he was very happy to travel in a car, eager to sit on minovio's lap but had to settle down for passenger seat - he is clearly used to that and well trained.
if you are the owner of this hush puppy you can pick him up there.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
the vet is a nice german lady, she has foundation that helps dogs find new homes.

That's where the newest member of our family, Rumba, came from :) . Vet is called Bettina, speaks Spanish, English, German & is delightful. She came here as a child some 22 years ago. The dog will be very well cared for. She got Rumba in excellent condition before passing her to us.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
That's where the newest member of our family, Rumba, came from :) . Vet is called Bettina, speaks Spanish, English, German & is delightful. She came here as a child some 22 years ago. The dog will be very well cared for. She got Rumba in excellent condition before passing her to us.

Do you by any chance know her last name?

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Great job taking care of the dog! I hope next time I am lost I get lucky enough to run into you guys!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
happy ending

just wanted to let people know our little lost fellow found a new house with an owner of a girl basset hound. he will stay there until owner claims him back or forever. :cheeky:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Nice happy ending dv8! :)

It must have started raining basset hounds in Puerto Plata - for 15 years the only one I ever knew of was Joanne's at Sam's Bar & now this morning I saw the cutest basset hound puppy 2 doors along from the Duncan's breadshop (between Malecon & 12 de julio). Unless.............this is the 'lost' one?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
can be. looks like the little fellow will do some "hard work" in his newly found home. ;-)