Approx. cost of braces in the DR

Feb 7, 2007
I am researching the approximate cost of braces (braces + treatment) in the DR.

If anybody has any idea, pls let me know (from your experience). The dentists/orthodontists I have contacted are reluctant to answer that question without seeing the patient (not even approximate/average/usual cost) and because there is no physical "patient" I am not getting answers from them.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
If it's for a child it can be done at cost at the Sonrisas clinic in Higuey. For an adult it's less. Thing is the orthodontist makes the rounds about every couple of weeks or so. The quality of care is quite good, the materials are donated from Canada.

Feb 7, 2007
Thx, I'll try to contact them... you meant if it was for an adult it would be "more", not less, right?

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Yes. For children it is almost completely subsidized, just a small fee - for obvious reasons i.e. "something free can't be good", and well the pride factor, it's symbolic. For adults it's also subsidized, but not completely. I'm sure their rates would be lower than many places, and the quality of service would be good - they are very busy, and it's first come, first serve. So it might require taking an afternoon off. Children are attended to in the mornings, adults in the afternoon. I don't have their number on me. But I think if you search the site you should find something.