Aunt Clara's Dominican Cooking

Caz

May 15, 2004
I want to buy the English version of this great cookbook - why do I have to order it from the USA? The postage is outrageous and I think it should be available in country. How can I order copies for friends and families if I have to pay EPS to bring a book on Dominican cooking in from the USA to the Dominican Republic!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The simple answer is - because it's currently only printed in the USA. If you aren't in a hurry, a locally printed and distributed version is in the pipeline.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Thank you - I am not in a hurry and that is just what I wanted to hear. :) It would be very helpful if you could post something somewhere to let us know when they are available locally as I need quite a few - they make great gifts!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Don't worry, when the local edition comes out we will let everyone know here and on the Dominican Cooking site. Meanwhile, if you or anyone you know has a P O Box in Miami/Private Mail Box service in the DR, the additional cost should not be that high to order it via that route.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I don't know if this is the place for suggestions. But if you're reading this...

Wouldn't a bilingual copy be interesting? I would buy it!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Somewhere along that pipeline is also the Spanish version... but it will be aimed at a different market and will differ slightly from the English.