DOMINICANS IN U.S. CITIES

L

LA DUKE

BESIDES NEW YORK AND MIAMI ARE THER ANY OTHER CITIES IN THE USA WITH A LARGE NUMBER OF DOMINICAN FOLKS LIVING THERE AND ARE THERE OTHER COUNTRYS THAT DR FOLK TEND TO RELOCATE TO. L A DUKE (HOPE THIS QUESTION DOESNT OFFEND ANYONE. IF IT DOES APOLOGIES I JUST SEEK INFO)

K

Katia

LA Duke:

I live in Montreal, Canada and there is a very large Dominican community here. It's the second biggest latin community in Montreal, the first being Peruvians. I believe there are also Dominicans in Toronto.

Hope it answers your question.

Katia

D

dominicanyork

There's a large community in Providence, RI and Boston

F

Fran

Katia

Do the Dominican people in Montreal live in a certain part of the city? If so where is it? I am curious if they have a strong community that kind of sticks together,

K

Katia

Jon,

I believe they live more in the North of Montreal. If you know Montreal a little bit, they mostly live around Jean-Talon blvd. and St-Laurent blvd.

Are you from Montreal ?

Katia

C

CORINNE

Re: DOMINICANS IN Europe also

you can also find a lot of Dominicans in Holland and north of Belgium.

H

Hillbilly

Don't forget:

Paterson, NJ, Cleveland, OH and Chicago, IL as major Dominican centers. And Atlanta,GA has a growing Dominican presence.
HB

G

GALLEGO

Re: Don't forget:

Yep, and now Atlanta has its first all Dominican restaurant!

N

Natasha

We have a couple...

of Dominican restaurants here in the Washington, DC area, including one in Silver Spring, MD, which my husband and I go to. There is a growing number of Dominicans here in DC/MD/VA. When we relocated to this area last year, the test for me to see if there were any Dominicans in the area, was to attempt to find a Dominican hair salon (I would say that Dominicans are world famous at performing the art of hair drassing :)). Well, not only did I find 3 Dominican owned hair salons, but a number of Dominican women working as hair dressers at other salons. Also, There are two wildly famous upscale restaurants (frequent visitors are the Capitol Hill people and other big wigs) in the heart of DC OWNED by a successful Dominican restauranteur.

Regards,
Natasha

F

Fran

Re: We have a couple...

Hi Katia:
I am from the Montreal area. We live off the west end of the island in a place called St.Lazare. ( it is beside the town of Hudson) we are 22klm from the Ontario border, but we are only a 45 min. drive to the city of Montreal. Where do you live? Talk to you later. Fran

H

Hillbilly

Do they sell cigars there??

i am interested since I have a lot of individual clients in that area but just one distriburtor coming on line. A nice guy over in Capitol Heights, MD...
Yup, always looking.....
HB

N

Natasha

Re: Do they sell cigars there??

Of the two restaurants he owns, Cafe Atlantico is the more upscale one specializing in Caribbean/Nuevo Latino cuisine.

Last time we were there was in May and I saw people smoking cigars on the first floor (restaurant is three floors). I hear they have a humidor and that they have an arry of brands.

Regards,
Natasha

G

GALLEGO

Re: Don't forget:

Restaurante Santo Domingo in Chamblee (Chambodia) on Buford Hwy just inside I-285. It's very casual.