DR to Venezuela

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Would anyone be able to assist with information on the cheapest flight from the Dominican Republic to Venezuela?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
For what dates?
but generally speaking flights average out about 350usd RT from Santo domingo to Caracas

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
For what dates?
but generally speaking flights average out about 350usd RT from Santo domingo to Caracas

Departure approx. 1 March with return approx. 16 March.

I found some good deals on COPA's website approx. USD 300, but when trying to book the flights online, it constantly reverts with that there are no seats - no matter what date is put into the query - eg. not working. Tried to call COPA but their prices when booking through the office are between 750 and 1200 USD.

Aeropostal - what prices?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
aeropostal

My friend just booked flight on aeropostal from Feb 27 til march 15 for 375 dollars total.Booked online
so check them out

salsaqueen

Nov 25, 2004
Warning Against Aeropostal

Hi,
I just thought i would give everyone the heads up....Aeropostal is probably the worst international airline on the planet.
I flew with them end of this January to go to Trinidad from Santo Domingo with a transit in Caracas.
Not only did they cancel the flight from Caracas to Trinidad with no reason (spent a day and a half in Caracas), on my way back they cancelled the flight from Port of Spain, Trinidad to Caracas again with no reason (spent a day and half in Trinidad) and oh ya....they lost my luggage on my way there (between Santo Domingo and Caracas). My suitcase seems to have vaporized between the two countries...and now i'm enjoying the oh so fun process of squeezing some money from this...i use the word loosely...airline!
For those going to Trinidad...wait till March..Copa Airlines will be taking over all former and future clientele of this ridiculously bad company.
If you're going to Caracas...there are other ways...longer flying time? perhaps....a little pricier? perhaps...but at least you'll reach with your sanity intact!

salsaqueen

Nov 25, 2004
No To Aero-postal!

Hi,
I just thought i would give everyone the heads up....Aeropostal is probably the worst international airline on the planet.
I flew with them end of this January to go to Trinidad from Santo Domingo with a transit in Caracas.
Not only did they cancel the flight from Caracas to Trinidad with no reason (spent a day and a half in Caracas), on my way back they cancelled the flight from Port of Spain, Trinidad to Caracas again with no reason (spent a day and half in Trinidad) and oh ya....they lost my luggage on my way there (between Santo Domingo and Caracas). My suitcase seems to have vaporized between the two countries...and now i'm enjoying the oh so fun process of squeezing some money from this...i use the word loosely...airline!
Apparently the Venezuelan govt took over the airline. So its fleet has dropped from 22 to a mere 3 airplanes. So imagine the logistics of trying to cover all your routes with just over 10% of the airplanes you used to have. There were about 35 of us stranded in Trinidad when they cancelled the flight to Caracas. They put us all up in an airport hotel with meals for a day and a half. Can you say losing money?? There were these 3 poor venezuelan guys who had flights leaving on Sunday but they ended up leaving with us the following Thursday night because the airline cancelled not one , not two, but three flights that week out of Trinidad! I read that the airline workers had a strike in December because they were tired with dealing with angry and annoyed passengers. so i can tell you (especially in Caracas), customer service leaves something to be desired.
The really funny thing is that none of the planes I got onto actually said AEROLINEA AEROPOSTAL...they were all borrowed planes from other airlines! ...Santa Barbara etc.
And with nicknames like AERO-MORTAL and ERROR-POSTAL floating about...it can't be a good sign!
For those going to Trinidad...wait till March..Copa Airlines will be taking over all former and future clientele of this ridiculously bad company.
If you're going to Caracas...there are other ways...longer flying time? perhaps....a little pricier? perhaps...but at least you'll reach with your sanity intact!

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Salsaqueen,

thanks for the warning - I may go to the States before heading to Venezuela - any recommendations of airlines out of NYC or MIA/FLL?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
From the states you have more option other than Aeropostal
Continental airlines flies from Newark,NJ and Houston to Caracas Nonstop
American airlines flies Nonstop from JFK and Miami to Caracas and from Miami to Maracaibo
Delta airlines flies from Atlanta to Caracas
Lan chile flies from Miami to Caracas
Santa Barbara from Miami to Caracas

for undirect routes you can always try
taca airlines via san jose costa rica
avianca via bogota
copa airlines via panama

and if aeropostal offers the best deal you can fly them from miami nonstop to Caracas,Maracaibo and Valencia

good luck

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Aeropostal problems

Aeropostal have financial problems. so i dont think is a good idea to fly with this airline at this time.

Aserca venezeula is a better option.

Soon will be a new carrier on this route.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Does Aserca have international flights beyond the nearby Curacao and Aruba - looking at the website the only reservation options are for domestic flights?