Planning to move to Dominican Republic

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
Im planning to move to Dominican Republic hopeully this June.
I might be attening a University over there.
I went to Dominican Republic this christmas for 2 weeks. i had the best time ever. I absolutely loved it. I have alot of questions about living there and school .. so ill be staying in D.R for a few months with my boyfriend and then ill decide if i wana live there or not.

Any one else going through the same thing?? ;)

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Wow!! you have been there one time and you already want to move?? I guess, i have traveled allot and many times i wish i lived in those hot spots...
how does your boyfriend feel about moving to DR? He loved it that much that he's gonna give it a shot!! well good luck to both of you!!
I have friends from Miami that went to school in DR, got their degrees and moved back...they had some real different types of stories they experienced in med school in Santo Domingo..
What University were you thinking about?

Last edited:

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
Wow!! you have been there one time and you already want to move?? I guess, i have traveled allot and many times i wish i lived in those hot spots...
how does your boyfriend feel about moving to DR? He loved it that much that he's gonna give it a shot!! well good luck to both of you!!
I have friends from Miami that went to school in DR, got their degrees and moved back...they had some real different types of stories they experienced in med school in Santo Domingo..
What University were you thinking about?

Yes i only went once. Ive gone to Cuba. Nicaragua. Puerto Rico. Colombia and Dominican Republic. Im Cuban and Nicaraguense.
D.R is a little similar to Nicaragua .. so i liked it. My boyfriend was born in D.R. Hes planning to leave in 1 month or so.
Im just waiting to finish school and ill be leaving soon.
Thats exactly what im planning to do and i live in Miami also :)
i think im planning to go to
"Universidad Autonoma De Santo Domingo"
is it a good school? do you happen to know?? you have an suggestions??

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Jey Jey, Sorry i cant help with that information, i have not done any research on schools!!But i know they went in Santo Domingo.. although perhaps i can give you my friends email and maybe you can contact her directly, she too is from Nicaragua...neat!!
I'll check in with her, actually I'm just see if she'll join DR1, I'm sure she has a wealth of information to share like many of the others that have experienced in first hand on here!!

MKLATTE

Jan 21, 2004
Jey, What carrier are you taking? My friend and brother are going to UASD right now. If you need assistant I can have them give you a hand.
But before you register you must take in consideration the amount of years that will take to complete your degree. Usually it takes longer than other university.

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
Lapurr thats great .. it would be nice if she does join DR1 and i can ask her a few questions.

MKLATTE... im planning to do
Licenciatura En Medicina Veterinaria (Veterinarian)
or some type of nursing.
my boyfriend is currently trying to find out information about what i need to register (paper work and copies) and exactly what it is i need to bring. and what those it cost. and how long is it going to take me.
but if you do ind any o the answers to the questions above thanks alot :)

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
no im not dominican. im going with my boyfriend which hes dominican.
im cuban nicaraguense and yes i do speak perect spanish.​

MKLATTE

Jan 21, 2004
Ok. I ask because the people that can help only speak Spanish. I will call my brother. I will ask to find out for me.

MKLATTE

Jan 21, 2004
La universidad tiene la linceiatura en medicina veterinaria, y la carrera dura casi 3 anos
En la pagina web visita la optcion Planes de estudios Y LLENAR TU SOLICITUD DE ADMISI?N. Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo - Primada de Am?rica.

Obtener los documentos requeridos para tu admisi?n.
Certificaci?n de bachiller

Record de notas

Acta de nacimiento certificada

Dos fotos 2 x 2

Copia c?dula

Un sobre manilla tama?o 8 ? x 13

TODOS LOS DOCUMENTOS ORIGINALES sin tachaduras ni borraduras. Los nombres y apellidos deben coincidir en todos los documentos y no deben estar abreviados.

Los estudiantes extranjeros deben presentar t?tulo y Record de Notas de Bachillerato debidamente autentificado por la Secretar?a de Estado de Educaci?n y los dem?s documentos certificado por el Consulado de Origen y la Canciller?a.

MKLATTE

Jan 21, 2004
here some imformation

Record de notas

Dos fotos 2 x 2

Copia c?dula

TODOS LOS DOCUMENTOS ORIGINALES sin tachaduras ni borraduras. Los nombres y apellidos deben coincidir en todos los documentos y no deben estar abreviados.

Los estudiantes extranjeros deben presentar t?tulo y Record de Notas de Bachillerato debidamente autentificado por la Secretar?a de Estado de Educaci?n y los dem?s documentos certificado por el Consulado de Origen y la Canciller?a.

INGRESAR AL WEB DE LA UASD Y LLENAR TU SOLICITUD DE ADMISI?N.

http://www.uasd.edu.do.

MKLATTE

Jan 21, 2004

Record de notas

Dos fotos 2 x 2

Copia c?dula

Para mas informacion visita la http://uasd.edu.do/

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
alrite thanks alot :)
that really helped alot. i was looking at that website before. but i dont why but i didnt ind much information.
ima make sure i have everything that says there.
thanks alot once again.

JeyJey305

Jan 31, 2008
I glad I was able to help,

you were a BiG help.
i have an other question tho?? :ermm:
does your brother happen to know how much does it cost for each semester??
hope you can answer that last question for me. thanks :)

MKLATTE

Jan 21, 2004
hi, here is the info my brothe got for you.
according with the info he received, the registration fee or admision fee is us$300 once time fee, and per semester is us$900. if you need more information try to contact the university.

good look, :bunny:

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
Jey Jey,

That is good you speak fluent Spanish, as you will certianly need it everywhere! Have you thought of any other countries such as Colombia or Costa Rica? It might be a better experience, especially if you wanna go to user unfriendly Santo Domingo. DR's failing infrastructure and high inflation can realyl wear on you- this is coming from someone who has been here since early '06