Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning to move to Dominican Republic

Im planning to move to Dominican Republic hopeully this June.
    I might be attening a University over there.
    I went to Dominican Republic this christmas for 2 weeks. i had the best time ever. I absolutely loved it. I have alot of questions about living there and school .. so ill be staying in D.R for a few months with my boyfriend and then ill decide if i wana live there or not.

Any one else going through the same thing??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! you have been there one time and you already want to move?? I guess, i have traveled allot and many times i wish i lived in those hot spots...
    how does your boyfriend feel about moving to DR? He loved it that much that he's gonna give it a shot!! well good luck to both of you!!
    I have friends from Miami that went to school in DR, got their degrees and moved back...they had some real different types of stories they experienced in med school in Santo Domingo..
    What University were you thinking about?
    Last edited by Lapurr; 02-03-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: adding

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lapurr View Post
    Wow!! you have been there one time and you already want to move?? I guess, i have traveled allot and many times i wish i lived in those hot spots...
    how does your boyfriend feel about moving to DR? He loved it that much that he's gonna give it a shot!! well good luck to both of you!!
    I have friends from Miami that went to school in DR, got their degrees and moved back...they had some real different types of stories they experienced in med school in Santo Domingo..
    What University were you thinking about?

Yes i only went once. Ive gone to Cuba. Nicaragua. Puerto Rico. Colombia and Dominican Republic. Im Cuban and Nicaraguense.
    D.R is a little similar to Nicaragua .. so i liked it. My boyfriend was born in D.R. Hes planning to leave in 1 month or so.
    Im just waiting to finish school and ill be leaving soon.
    Thats exactly what im planning to do and i live in Miami also
    i think im planning to go to
    "Universidad Autonoma De Santo Domingo"
    is it a good school? do you happen to know?? you have an suggestions??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Jey Jey, Sorry i cant help with that information, i have not done any research on schools!!But i know they went in Santo Domingo.. although perhaps i can give you my friends email and maybe you can contact her directly, she too is from Nicaragua...neat!!
    I'll check in with her, actually I'm just see if she'll join DR1, I'm sure she has a wealth of information to share like many of the others that have experienced in first hand on here!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Jey, What carrier are you taking? My friend and brother are going to UASD right now. If you need assistant I can have them give you a hand.
    But before you register you must take in consideration the amount of years that will take to complete your degree. Usually it takes longer than other university.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lapurr thats great .. it would be nice if she does join DR1 and i can ask her a few questions.

MKLATTE... im planning to do
    Licenciatura En Medicina Veterinaria (Veterinarian)
    or some type of nursing.
    my boyfriend is currently trying to find out information about what i need to register (paper work and copies) and exactly what it is i need to bring. and what those it cost. and how long is it going to take me.
    but if you do ind any o the answers to the questions above thanks alot

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

are you dominican, do you speak spanish?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I can ask my brother

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

no im not dominican. im going with my boyfriend which hes dominican.
    im cuban nicaraguense and yes i do speak perect spanish.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I ask because the people that can help only speak Spanish. I will call my brother. I will ask to find out for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast