SKing - still here...Question re PUCMM. R U there Hillbilly??

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hello, everyone. This is SKing, I posted my thread in November, I think. Got alot of mean responses but alot of helpful ones also. Just want to bring everyone up to date. I have changed our date to move to August of next year (2009), mainly based on most of the advice I received from this site. And the fact that I want to have more money in the bank!!! I have not changed our destination, we will still be heading for Sajoma, despite some of the thoughts of posters here re: San Jose de las Matas. I just came back from a week long trip there. I spent most of my time in Santiago and the capital though. This trip was mostly business. I visited 4 schools...Santiago Christian School, New Horizons, Oasis, Colegio Dominicano and would really much like New Horizons. My question is...New Horizons goes to 8th grade, the admissions coordinator said that for 9th-12th most of the students end up going to Juan XXIII, the colegio of PUCMM. Is Juan XXIII a bilingual school or taught completely in Spanish?? Also, EVERY Dominican friend that I have says that it is very expensive and that I should start saving now for the tuition. Does anyone know the tuition, more or less?? Any informaiton would be helpful. I do know that this is something that is far off but I just want to know should I be saving HUGE amounts of money for this school for the next 5-10 years? Thanks for any information.

andrewc52002

Feb 6, 2007
Hello, everyone. This is SKing, I posted my thread in November, I think. Got alot of mean responses but alot of helpful ones also. Just want to bring everyone up to date. I have changed our date to move to August of next year (2009), mainly based on most of the advice I received from this site. And the fact that I want to have more money in the bank!!! I have not changed our destination, we will still be heading for Sajoma, despite some of the thoughts of posters here re: San Jose de las Matas. I just came back from a week long trip there. I spent most of my time in Santiago and the capital though. This trip was mostly business. I visited 4 schools...Santiago Christian School, New Horizons, Oasis, Colegio Dominicano and would really much like New Horizons. My question is...New Horizons goes to 8th grade, the admissions coordinator said that for 9th-12th most of the students end up going to Juan XXIII, the colegio of PUCMM. Is Juan XXIII a bilingual school or taught completely in Spanish?? Also, EVERY Dominican friend that I have says that it is very expensive and that I should start saving now for the tuition. Does anyone know the tuition, more or less?? Any informaiton would be helpful. I do know that this is something that is far off but I just want to know should I be saving HUGE amounts of money for this school for the next 5-10 years? Thanks for any information.

Do you have some pictures from SaJoMa, by any chance ?
tks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Any good "colegio" is going to cost you around RD$5000 per month per child. The registration fee will be in the neighborhood of RD$10,000. If you have several children, there is some consideration given.
Santiago Christian School is much more expensive, up near 10,000 a month. I do not know the cost for new Horizons or "Oasis" (Never heard of it either).
Juan XXIII is Spanish only.

Regards.

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Do you have some pictures from SaJoMa, by any chance ?
tks

Actually I do, I will post them as soon as I have a chance. Also, thanks again Hillbilly for the information. This thread is old, I wrote it a while back and got no response so actually we have already discussed this since then:squareeye Sorry.