DOMINICAN MOVIE STARS

L

LA DUKE

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO SOME OF DR BIGGEST MOVIE STARS ARE AND IF THEY HAVE ANY WEBSITES OR ANY GENERAL INFO ON THE D.R. FILM AND TV INDUSTRY.

N

Natasha

Personally, I am not aware of any websites yet, perhaps others may know, but before there was ever a Rita Moreno there was famous Hollywood movie star Maria Montez, who was Dominican. A few years ago, the Dominican movie "Nueva Yol: Por Fin LLego Balbuena" was submitted to the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences (the folks that dish out the Oscars) for Best Foreign Film. It unfortunately didn't make it to the top 5 choices since hundreds of films are submitted every year.

Regards,
Natasha

E

ECH,M.D.

Just wanted to mention a supporting actor that spent 30 years in the field of movie making and had his first break in the Classic: "Blackboard Jungle" (1955). He died in 1985 (age 49) with no accolades but was good at his craft. I guess what caused me to remember him was, not too recently his birth place was listed as Santiago, Dominican Republic and for years previous it was always Puerto Rico. Can only speculate as to why. I am referring of course to Rafael Campos.

E

ECH,M.D.

Re: CARIBBEAN HALL OF FAME

Here is an interesting site that I found quite by accident:

THE CARIBBEAN HALL OF FAME:

<A HREF="http://www.siu.edu/~carib/musicart.html#Actors">http://www.siu.edu/~carib/musicart.html#Actors</A>

J

Julio Lopez

Re: CARIBBEAN HALL OF FAME

ZOE SALDAMNA from the upcoming movie " CENTER STAGE " and Eddy Carr from one of the daytime Soap opera and A famed spanish actor that everybody think he is mexican is Andres Garcia are all dominicans..

J

Julio Lopez

Hey LaDuke
The biggest dominican playboy ever was Porfirio Rubirosa
and the most beautiful actress was Maria Montez...
You can find all kinds of different links to their
pictures and biography by going to WWW.ASK.Com and just type
the name individually....Peace

R

Roberto

Re: DOMINICAN MOVIE STARS:)

Hola Compatriota
Julio
copiaste lo de peace de mi eh? :)

:)

peace:)
Roberto

J

Julio Lopez

Hey Roberto you

what we say... El que anda con cojo al ano cojea...he he he
:) P E A C E.....

R

Roberto

Bueno
Trate de que nada mas cojeas he he he
porque a veces el cojo tiene mas mania saves? :)

he he he he

Peace
Amigo