Renting A Car

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
What's a good car rental place in Santiago? Where can someone rent a hummer or a range rover? Also, can someone rent a car with just their passport? Thanks.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
tee hee hee...you guys are funny!! On a serious note, my travel agent advised me against renting a car...=(

I guess the large tour busses were a little intimidating, and a few rather large potholes, but I dont think it was too bad, driving around!

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
There are rental car places at the STI airport that rent SUV?s, though probably not anything that you will get shot over.
Driving here is a little chaotic, some folks seem to handle it while others would rather not. I do recommend an SUV, especially for the north coast where roads have many more holes, cows and whatnot. 4x4 will get you into a lot more spots as well.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There are rental car places at the STI airport that rent SUV?s, though probably not anything that you will get shot over.
Driving here is a little chaotic, some folks seem to handle it while others would rather not. I do recommend an SUV, especially for the north coast where roads have many more holes, cows and whatnot. 4x4 will get you into a lot more spots as well.
I believe that the OP lives in Santiago and is aware of the driving conditions.
Perhaps he has a hot date and wants to get a hummer, I mean, rent a Hummer to impress.;)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Come on now - are you going for three accidents. :ermm:

I can't ask my family because they are mad at me. I had just wrecked my car a few weeks ago (horrible horrible accident I'm lucky to be alive), and now I wrecked my friend's car. If I tell them I wrecked my friend's car I will be over my head in bull**** from the family, you know how it is. And no, I didn't visit my friend. I know my situation sounds trivial and immature but its stressing me out. The real reason is before I had wrecked my friend's car I was looking for something in my bookbag earlier that day and some condoms I had (which I was actually bringing to someone else) had fallen out and the seat. I couldn't find them because it was night so I decided to leave them there until morning. Anyways, after I had crashed his family member had inspected the car and found the condoms, then told his fiancee and then his fiancee dumped him (because his rat bastard family told her that they were his, and some other bull**** as well). So my friend is almost suicidal now, and I am having the guilt trip of my life. So this is why I need the loan ASAP. I'm not a criminal or a delincuent so no I have no illegal affairs going on. I just didn't want to make my whole sob story public so that all the people here can post negative replies to make themselves feel better about themselves, because somehow being a smartass on the internet makes people feel good.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Come on now - are you going for three accidents. :ermm:

Its not for me, otherwise I would have asked where can I rent a car. I have some friends coming over here for their honeymoon and he wants to rent a car, and he told me he likes hummers and range rovers. It never ceases to surprise me how reluctant people on this website are when it comes to just answering a simple question. On a side note, I don't appreciate the sarcasm and the jokes. If you guys think you're so funny, go get jobs as stand up comedians, or say them to my face in person. We can arrange a meeting. All I'm doing is trying to get information when I need it, and people here let their egos get the best of them since they know they can't do it in the real world.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Its not for me, otherwise I would have asked where can I rent a car. I have some friends coming over here for their honeymoon and he wants to rent a car, and he told me he likes hummers and range rovers. It never ceases to surprise me how reluctant people on this website are when it comes to just answering a simple question. On a side note, I don't appreciate the sarcasm and the jokes. If you guys think you're so funny, go get jobs as stand up comedians, or say them to my face in person. We can arrange a meeting. All I'm doing is trying to get information when I need it, and people here let their egos get the best of them since they know they can't do it in the real world.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. If it is any consolation, I do feel bad for you that you are having such bad luck lately.

Marlie

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Allow me to make a suggestion that might circumvent future speculation about your posts.
Try something like this.

I have some friends coming over here for their honeymoon and they want to rent a car, and they told me they like hummers and range rovers. Anyone know where they could rent one?