Voting on Super Tuesday (US Citizens)

yori85

Aug 2, 2007
I just saw on Channel 9 that any US National will be able to vote in tomorrow's primaries/caucuses. I wasn't able to hear the requirements? Can anyone confirm this or further clarify it?

Here is the address:
Calle Ramos Corripio #18
Naco, Santo Domingo

Voting will be open from 9AM until 2PM.

Thanks,
Yori

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
YOU CAN VOTE FROM SD for 8 days!

:bunny:Here is the info I received in my confirmation for my ONLINE voting (it is too late to register for online but you can still vote in the primary which will give 22 international delegates to the Democratic convention--sorry I can't shed light on the Republicans):

"If you know any other American Citizens interested in participating in
Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primaries, even though they will
not be able to vote online, please tell them that we will have a Voting
Center in Santo Domingo, which will be open
*** 8 consecutive days, February
5-12 from 9am until 2pm. ***

They can all register and vote personally in
the Voting Center.

The Voting Center's address is: Calle Ramon Corripio #18, Ensanche Naco,
Santo Domingo. Phone: 809-565-2120."

Paz y salud,
DrChrisHE

Last edited:

El sabelot?

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 7, 2008
From the paper of record:

"Republicans Abroad has operated independently of the Republican Party since 2003, and therefore cannot hold in-person or Internet votes overseas. But it is organizing to get more expatriate Republicans registered back home in time to receive their ballots overseas and cast them in primaries later this year."

yori85

Aug 2, 2007
Yea, I rushed over there yesterday and then realized that they would be open for 8 days. It's very simple to register with them and they mail you your Nov 4th ballot to your address so you don't have to go back. It's a nice option for people who didn't realize they could vote online or think getting an absentee ballot is too frustrating (me and me!). A lot of people (mainly older Dominicans from NY) showed up yesterday; a lot of them would not have known about it without the TV program.

Good luck to anyone continuing to vote!

- Yori

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Yea, I rushed over there yesterday and then realized that they would be open for 8 days. It's very simple to register with them and they mail you your Nov 4th ballot to your address so you don't have to go back. It's a nice option for people who didn't realize they could vote online or think getting an absentee ballot is too frustrating (me and me!). A lot of people (mainly older Dominicans from NY) showed up yesterday; a lot of them would not have known about it without the TV program.

Good luck to anyone continuing to vote!

- Yori

Ok - A little help here - is this for the Democrats? I voted on line with them for the primary. Does this mean that I am no longer voting via absentee ballot from my home state for the November election? Will I be able to vote in the regular election on line? thanks for this --- Glad we have til November to figure it out!!

yori85

Aug 2, 2007
Yes, this was for Dems. If you voted online or in person, you don't have to worry until November. According to what I was told on Tuesday, Dems Abroad will mail you your absentee ballot for November for you to mail to your home state.