Bringing rum and beer to Europe (Sweden)

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
What would be the best way for me to pack a bottle of rum and maybe 2 cans of beer to bring from SDQ to Sweden? We have to change planes in Paris and since we can't have more than 100ml bottles in the hand baggage, I need some ingenious way to avoid having the bottles break and have my clothes smelling like booze.

I have thought of bubble wrap (2 layers maybe?) and 2 plastic bags. Or is it better to buy the stuff at the tax free at SDQ, take it in my hand baggage for the longest part of the trip and then carefully pack them with bubble wrap and bags for the shortest leg on the checked in baggage?

TIA.

Feb 7, 2007
I just put alcohol in the bag, among clothes, wrapped in a towel. Never ever had a breakage. remember taht teh glass lacohol is made of is a hard thick glass. I took 6 bottles of various alcohol to Europe for Xmas (including Chivas Regal which is cheape rin DR) and brought back 6 bottles of alcohol to the DR from Europe (Fernet and other local liquors). All nicely wrapped around towels, with plenty of "cushing" by clothes above, beneath, and on sides.
If you really want to make it even safer, buy two-liter soda bottle, pour out the soda, cut the throat of the platic bottle, wrap the booze bottle in towel and bubble wrap and put into the plastic bottle. It will remain nicely covered with the protection for the duration of the trip.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
Thank you rubio. Your suggestion worked for the one bottle I had space for :)

PLANET924

Jan 31, 2008
I agree with Rubio just put it in your bags that you going to check, wrap it in the towel's
that worked for me always or with your jeans.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i agree and i also put it in a bag wrapped in towels just in case it breaks. you'd be smelling like a drunk the whole trip...:laugh: