Where to install car alarm in Santo Domingo?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I bought a car alarm on ebay and want to get it "professionally" installed in S.D.. I was going to go down to Musicarro but the last time I was there I was amazed at the shoddy work most of those installers get away with.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I bought a car alarm on ebay and want to get it "professionally" installed in S.D.. I was going to go down to Musicarro but the last time I was there I was amazed at the shoddy work most of those installers get away with.
As if a car alarm is a useful thing in this country.
Nobody pays attention to them anyhow.
You could drive around with it on and not even a cop would stop you.
If anything, it may make your neighbours hate you enough that they will vandalize your car.
Put in an anti theft device.
Car alarms are a joke.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I somewhat agree with you but with a good alarm system (2 way transmitter that pages you when the alarm sounds and a good starter kill) its pretty damn hard to get the car started without knowing where the alarm is installed, finding the starter kill, disabling it and reconnecting the starter wires all before the owner gets to the car and puts a couple rounds into the thief.

Most alarms sold here are a joke thats why I brought one in from the states and want to get it installed by someone who really knows what theyre doing.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I somewhat agree with you but with a good alarm system (2 way transmitter that pages you when the alarm sounds and a good starter kill) its pretty damn hard to get the car started without knowing where the alarm is installed, finding the starter kill, disabling it and reconnecting the starter wires all before the owner gets to the car and puts a couple rounds into the thief.

Most alarms sold here are a joke thats why I brought one in from the states and want to get it installed by someone who really knows what theyre doing.
If that's what it does, instead of making all sorts of ridiculous noise, then it sounds good.
As for getting it really professionally installed, well, it ain't gonna be easy, specially when it's not the standard junko system they are used to installing.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know a place in Santiago that should be able to do it if you want to make the trip. I will post the info and you can call Nacho who is the owner and talk directly to him. He is very knowledgable on car alarms as that is what he does. He is Dominican but speaks good English.

Nachos
Av Extrella Sadhala No. 149
809-582-2272 809-576-0331

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I can think of several places where a car alarm should be installed, but none of them are on a vehicle......