T-Mobile on the North Coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drhopefuljww

Jan 13, 2008
Can anyone tell me if T-mobile Blackberry service works along the north coast, specifically Cabarete and Sosua. I will be there in two weeks and need to know if I will be able to use my phone for work.

Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It should work fine. You should buy some alka seltzer though, because when you get your roaming bill you will need it.

Aug 21, 2007
Mine works. Watch out! For making/receiving just a few phone calls, I got a bill of $400USD from T-Mobile. The internet/email part, from my understanding, is free as long as you pay for the basic services. My T-Mobile has not had much luck connecting. My husband's works. Don't know why......

I find it more economical and sensible to use a local cell phone and internet service.

Good luck!

Lindsey

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
Works Fine

Works fine along the North Coast, although you might need to go outside get a full 5 bar signal occasionally if you are in an apartment or condo complex. I use mine in Sosua all the time.

You might want to dis-able the auto download feature on your email because you will be roaming on the local Orange service. And then enable downloads once or twice a day. It does get expensive at $1.99 a minute for the send/receive part that is taken for granted when roaming in the States.

Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.