Shipping Companies in New York City?

Rosanna

Apr 28, 2007
Looking for the lowest priced and still reliable shippers in New York City. I am shipping mattresses and 2 boxes filled with personal items and electronics (tv dvd etc...) to SD.
Recommendations and your experiences highly appreciated.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I have used Montero shipping. Door to door reasonably priced. They're located at 2341 Hoffman Street in the Bronx. Phone number 718-295-8149

Rosanna

Apr 28, 2007
Montero cheap? I stopped there today and asked them how much to send a used mattress. They told me $300. Maybe I am wrong but $300 for a lightweight mattress is too much, for $280 I can get me a round trip tickets.

lindalee033

Dec 16, 2004
i would go with reliable and pay the extra if you must..

in 2006, i shipped over 10 HUGE boxes of goods.. some used, some new... you name it electronics, household goods, clothes, kitchen supplies... EVERYTHING THAT WAS LEFT IN NYC OF MY HUSBAND, MY toddler SON & MY OWN PERSONAL GOODS... well... the co. shipped for us once before and we were given a reasonable rate and so we went with them! after the the supposedly delivery date came and went, and NONE of the co. phone #'s were being answered or WERE OUT OF SERVICE.. we tracked down the owner's family here in PP & were told that the owner of co. went 'BANKRUPT' and were given another contact person.. who then informed us that ALL of our goods were auctioned off to compensate for the losses of the new owners of the co.! We got police involved both here & in the states & nothing.. the owner disappeared & so did ALL our goods! just recently, my father shipped with a no-namer, LA FORTUNA cargo shipping, and they supposedly have 'sold' to another person.. a box shipped (xmas/bday gifts for my 4y.o. son) nov 20 has yet to been handed to us... i'm keeping my fingers crossed...

sorry to drag out my long stories.. i guess my point is that 'FENCING' is big business.. there is no way to track down these folks once they got your goods.. the best advice is to be sure there is an actual office location of shipping co. in both nyc & DR.. have someone or yourself visit the office.... (my receipts were fake addresses) see how long they've been in business too... SANTIAGO SHIPPING, AWILDA SHIPPING, MONTERO SHIPPING.. i believe are a start.. please don't go with cheap.. you'll pay in the long run!!!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Monumental

Does anyone have good or bad experiences with Monumental in Queens NY?

Thanks

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Montero cheap? I stopped there today and asked them how much to send a used mattress. They told me $300. Maybe I am wrong but $300 for a lightweight mattress is too much, for $280 I can get me a round trip tickets.

I never said they were cheap. I said they were reasonable. They are also reliable. You can haggle with them a bit too. Anytime I send over a box I fill it with other stuff that I need. They charge by the box. When the box arrives in the DR they wait until you inspect your belongings.

cuas

May 29, 2006
Willy Shipping in the Bronx on Webster Ave by 169/168 st is very responsible.
My sisters and I sent boxes with them before any trip with our extra packages and food for the children. Never a problem.
Negociate with them. Mattresses take the space of ? boxes. I have seen them when the pack the furgon.
If you want I can get the phone number.

Rosanna

Apr 28, 2007
I am so sorry what happened to you LindaLee! Truly sorry!
JRuane, I apologize - you did say reasonable, not cheap.
Cuas, please pm me telephone # for Willy's shipping.
I called Primavera shipping in the Bronx and they quoted me $150 for shipping a mattress.
Did anyone do any business with them? I saw one post saying they are good.
Thank you all very much for your answers!

cuas

May 29, 2006
I PM you the phone number.
I have used several shipping company. Never had a problem. Only one time that we used a shipping co. in the Bronx we got the boxes on time but not the oil. We kept waiting for the oil. When we came back to NY my sister made sure that my sister in SD got the oil. My sister called them every day. The last thing she told them she is going to put their name in the newspaper. The oil had somebody's name on the container.

Rosanna

Apr 28, 2007
Primavera Shipping Experience

Just to test them we asked them how much for a king size mattress (used) and we asked twice on two different ocassions and were assured if its a standard king it will not be more than $150.
When the men came in next day- they asked for $200.
I called the person who quoted us twice and she said- I am sorry I made a mistake. So we ended up paying 33% more.
Interestingly we also had 2 "cajas" appraised over the phone and men also gave 30-40% higher prices in person. Haggling and calling "the boss" did not help. We only sent the mattress and will try other companies. We are sending a lot of inexpenisve crap so its either finding a reasonable shipper or just sending the shipping money to my family so they can use that money to buy the same used crap in DR.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i used monu and others...just put some chocolates on the top of boxes,,,,customs doesnt open anything they do....

jfk66

Dec 31, 2004
Hi,

For those wanting to ship from Florida, I have used Montero Shipping and I am verry happy with their service and price. They are less expensive than courriers for large or heavy items such as sliding gate motors, shower floors, boxes of items.

Contact information is:

Luis Ramirez
Gerente de Operaciones
MONTERO SHIPPING, CORP.
4846 NW 167 ST.
MIAMI GARDENS, FL. 33014

TEL 305 620 5519 OF
305 978 6451 CEL
Directo desde Sto. Dgo. 829 999 6263

Mail: info@monteroshippingmiami.net
Web: monteroshippingmiami.net

william webster