Expat life expectancy in the DR

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
A bit late for freaky Friday, but maybe fun (?) nevertheless. We know that Dominican life expectancy is approx. 73.07 years: 71.34 years for males and 74.87 years for females. But what of expats living in the DR?

I came across a dinky toy computer Life Expectancy Calculator .........:paranoid: which gives your virtual age (a reflection of your health and vitality i.e. the lower your Virtual Age the better shape you are in.) From this is calculated the Life Expectancy of someone of your current physical age.

Disclaimer: this is a fun thing, not geek science btw.
Life Expectancy Calculator

I won't post my results yet because really this isn't a competition, nor is it a poll. :cheeky: But given that we've got so many opportunities for living a healthy lifestyle in the DR (if we want to) & for counteracting the life-expectancy-lowering things we do - it might give people pause for thought.

Doesn't take long & isn't difficult to do - you just click.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hmmmm,
I Did a COUPLE of projections!!
1) IF I stay on my present course & try to remain mobile, it looks as though I might be able to shoot my age before I kick the bucket.:bunny::bunny:
2) If 'She who must be Obeyed' goes before me & I take a mistress or two ............. I'll be gone within two years of her passing & WON'T shoot my age!! :disappoin

Stay alive girl - I need you to keep me on the straight & narrow!;)! ~ Grahame.

J

John Evans

age 93 life expectancy 60 did i do something wrong-does anyone know where I can buy spinach and sprouts

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
I won't post my results yet because really this isn't a competition, nor is it a poll. :cheeky: But given that we've got so many opportunities for living a healthy lifestyle in the DR (if we want to) & for counteracting the life-expectancy-lowering things we do - it might give people pause for thought.

Doesn't take long & isn't difficult to do - you just click.

I am posting my results as it does give one pause indeed to reflect. I came out with 56.9 virtual as opposed to my actual 61.5 and an expectancy of 83.1 years, rather than the rather dismal 79 bestowed by the universe. This goes against the fact that my goal is 100 years - one can hardly be a cranky and cantankerous codger if one is no longer here.

Thanks, Lambada, for finding this little gem.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i did that too with rather worrying result of virtual age of little more than 13. i bet everyone clicks "little stress"which adds some years to life expectancy and takes out from virtual age. unfortunately later comes: how many drinks do you have a day, how often do you have unprotected sex and how often you wear a seat belt. given expats love to brugal and dominicans and the fact there is no seat belt on a motoconcho....
:)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
All that clean livin' doesn't necessarily make for a longer life. It just seems longer...;)

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
hehehe...Im only 15...yes going back in time.....expexted to live til 92.8...did have a couple aunts that lived til they were mid to late 90s...secret never married and no kids..lots of vacation

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Virtual Age-------8.6
Your Life expectancy------105.4
You can expect to live another 24200 more days...

That's too much! I hope I hit less than 100, unlike all my grands and uncles, etc...
I know what's to live to that old age and it ain't pretty... Pull-ups pamper and all...

What can they mean by virtual age so extremely low???

J

John Evans

it means you didnt fill it in properly - who knows there hypogylcemic number or blood pressure

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I was just amazed that despite being a smoker & not doing heaps of exercise & having a father who died of a heart attack at 59 that my virtual age was 44.7 (real life 64.66) & life expectancy 99. Just shows you how much being contented counts for. :) What seemed to reduce my score most was not eating breakfast!

Thank you, Dominican Republic, because in UK I used to be a workaholic & a worrywort to a certain degree. :)

And John Evans if you have regular checkups you do know those things.

J

John Evans

oooops perhaps i should go for one--now you see how people start worrying over things lol - perhaps you should write an article for the sun