passport

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hi,, I was just wondering.... Where does a Dominican person go to obtain a passport??? What is the process? Is there a cental location to obtain the forms? What is the cost? and how long is the process once forms are submitted? any other advise on this?????

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This was covered a dozen times. Go to a Passport Office, they are all over the DR. You need birth papers from your mother and father if you are born here. Also your papers.

If you have the necessary documents and pay a rush order you can get it the next day or even possibly the same day. The cost is about 1500rd with the rush, less if you want to wait a few weeks.

bebz

Feb 6, 2008
How about I like to renew my passport.. becos it will expire now this month.. and also i would like to change the spelling of my middle name becos they put the wrong spelling and its becos when i got my birth certificate it was wrong spelling and now i got a new birth certificate which is the correct one. Do i need to Authenticate it again? or just renew my passport right away and tell them its a wrong spelling.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The passport is the easy bit. Using the passport - a different matter.

You can go to these countries with just a DR Passport.

South America/Caribbean
America Del Sur/Caribe
Argentina
Bermuda
Chile
Colombia
Dominica
Ecuador
Montserrat
Peru
Uruguay

Asia/Pacific
Asia.Pacico
Cook Islands
Hong Kong
Korea
Japan
Malaysia
Micronesia
Neuie
Philippines
Samoa
Tuvalu
Palau

Middle East
Medio Oriente
Israel

Visa Obtained upon arrival
Visas Disponible en el Aero Puerto
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Cuba
Egypt/Egipto
Gambia
Georgia
Jordan
Kenya
Kuwait
Laos
Macao
Maldives/Maldivas
Nepal
Togo
Zambia
Zimbabwe

dmatthews

Feb 13, 2008
I changed my name legally in the US in 1988, however, my passport does not match my resident alien card. ****note***the name are completely different...how can I get my name changed on my domican passport

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Direct the question to Fabio Guzman.
he is the Legal Advisor for DR1.
You can PM him or send him an email by highlighting his mane andselecting the method of communicating with him.

Texas Bill

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
If they misspelled your name, or got your birthdate wrong, it's easier to just live with it. Correcting one of their errors is the same as entering hell. For most people, it's not worth the long, hard fight. (or expense)

Also, many dominicans have the wrong birthdate on their birth certificates because papa didn't register the birth within the first 30 days, and without doing that, a dominican cannot get their legal documents needed later in life , SO papa just tells them a different date within the 30 day time limit when he finally DOES go to register his newest child's bithdate. Barring that possibility, it also happens if they later show potential at baseball, jaja.

If you changed your name legally in the US, you must present the court order that did just that, getting it translated and notarized, and probably certified by a Dominican Consulate inthe US before presenting it here for the changes.