LA MULATA road, a nightmare !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
has anyone more information about what is going to happen to the La mulata road sosua, it is so bad right now that in front of the international school my car hits the bottom at about 3 places.

no one really seems to care, the schools have never done anything, the worst is the international school with tons of money and resources, but they even seem to make it worst with there construction going on and they seem to enjoy it.

as the foreigners in la mulata dont vote, the goverment doesnt care either

people need to consider that this road is devaluating there investments, damaging there cars and it just sucks that it takes longer to come down from la mulata then to drive to cabarete.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
La Mulata Road

We used to have to drive that road to get to our house but we moved and no longer have to cope with it. There is a road association that has some money but even the potholes don't seemed to get filled in.

There are many roads in Sosua that the locals have to use that are in the same or worse shape. I don't see why the local government should spend resources on La Mulata road before any of the other many side roads in the area. So I wouldn't expect any improvement soon.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
the road association has stopped the filling of the holes about 2 months ago.

honestly i dont know many other roads in the sosua area that are in such a bad shape

considering the large amount of sosua and cabarete buisness owners living in la mulata that are generating tons of tax income, the goverment should consider to do something.

people are also saying that the roads could actually be fixed anytime, but the sosua sindico is trying to ripoff the la mulata people.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
has anyone more information about what is going to happen to the La mulata road sosua, it is so bad right now that in front of the international school my car hits the bottom at about 3 places.

no one really seems to care, the schools have never done anything, the worst is the international school with tons of money and resources, but they even seem to make it worst with there construction going on and they seem to enjoy it.

as the foreigners in la mulata dont vote, the goverment doesnt care either

people need to consider that this road is devaluating there investments, damaging there cars and it just sucks that it takes longer to come down from la mulata then to drive to cabarete.

A couple of years ago, some of the owners tried to collect monies for repairs. Unfortunately, very few people "Mostly Germans" didn't want to pay. The biggest sinner of all "The Int. School". There has been a lot of construction going on and the big trucks are doing the dammage. It should be up to these people to fix the dammage they are causing but Good Luck.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I care!

Flo, Do you live on the road? Did you contribute to the collection of funds to at least fill the potholes? Do you know anyone else who has contributed? Las Canas, and the school, as well as many homeowners contributed to filling the potholes. In fact, Las Canas paid $5,000 US to fill the potholes with tar from the corner where you turn to Las Canas down to the school. Those holes have withstood the recent rains, but tons of new ones have opened up.

The life of the current road has ended. It is going to take more than a couple of thousand dollars worth of repairs. The mayor is working to help us build a new one. We all know the wheels of government and construction do not move quickly in this, or any, country. A solution has finally been reached and is close to being finalized.

What is necessary now, is for EVERYONE who lives on and uses the road to help with the repair. When the time comes for you to pay your fair share to repair the road, please do so quickly. The amount each homeowner will need to pay should be decided this week or next. That decision will be final and construction can begin within the next month. I am one of the people trying desperately to reach the final goal, a completely new road.

I care and I am willing to help. Please join me with your support. Judy

Last edited:

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Absolutely agree with you Judy, why dont you have someone stand at the entrance to Mulata and charge people a little to collect their children from the Int School, have you see the queues of cars (mostly expensive ones) entering and leaving that road for school pick up/collection? I see the op refers to "their investments" so she doesnt live there just uses it for school drop off = and then complains. The school run collectors are probably using that road more than the residents do and contributing nothing.

I dont use the school but I would gladly contribute to the road fund when I do have to use it

J

John Evans

perhaps flo would like to come along to the next meeting about the road......im sure she must have seen the signs if she drives up and down so often

J

John Evans

ah i see she is a real estate agent from previous posts

flo

Apr 11, 2006
the focus of the post is what is going to happen with the la mulata road, not if i live there, have investments there or anything else, im looking to find answers because the situation just annoys me and everyone else living in this area.

i actually live in la mulata myself, and sure im willing to pay a fair amount to fix the road.

i would have contributed to fill the potholes, if just someone would have passed by my house to pick it up, and no i dont know anyone else who has, probably because of the same reason.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
the schools are definetly a mayor problem, i know many parents with children of different ages, school finishes at 1 PM and 3PM for the older kids, that is 4 times of road usage per day, i believe specially the international school, one of the most expensive schools on the north coast should show some responsibility and pay a very fair amount based on the child's and daily pickups they have.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
the schools are definetly a mayor problem, i know many parents with children of different ages, school finishes at 1 PM and 3PM for the older kids, that is 4 times of road usage per day, i believe specially the international school, one of the most expensive schools on the north coast should show some responsibility and pay a very fair amount based on the child's and daily pickups they have.
I believe that Campesina made it clear that they (Las Ca?as) and the International school, did contribute.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
the intl. school has dozens of workers there right now, in 2 hours they could clean the mess they have in front of there doors, why this negligence ?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
the intl. school has dozens of workers there right now, in 2 hours they could clean the mess they have in front of there doors, why this negligence ?
Did you not read the post above yours?
Campesina says that International school has contributed, whereas you have not, so why are you picking on them?

flo

Apr 11, 2006
you don't seem to be aware of the current situation of the road in front of the school

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I believe that Campesina made it clear that they (Las Ca?as) and the International school, did contribute.

I'm happy to hear that the school has contributed. Las Canas have, all along. Walter (Las Canas) dished out the first $$$ all by himself. Let's hope everyone gets together and pressures the powers to be to fix it. I have friends living there and every week my van suffers.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
you don't seem to be aware of the current situation of the road in front of the school
What makes you think that?
And what makes you think that changing the subject will distract the attention away from the issue I presented to you.
According to our very reliable source, Campesina, the International School has contributed to fixing the road.
You, on the other hand, also live there and use that road, yet have not contributed.
What makes you think that you would have the right to pressure those who do pay, for more, while you have contributed nothing, except wear and tear?
People who live in glass houses........

flo

Apr 11, 2006
you freaks always try to turn everything personal, you need to chill out amigo.

as i say, i have not payed any fees nor has anyone i know, because of the lack to recollect these funds.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

as i say, i have not payed any fees nor has anyone i know, because of the lack to recollect these funds.
You accuse me of making it personal, then you call me a freak.
Now that's personal.
Let me tell you what a freak really is.
A freak is a person who wants to pay nothing for usage, and kicks up a stink about those who do pay, to pay more.
Perhaps dead beat would be a more appropriate word.
Whatever suits you best, honey.

PS: It did not go unnoticed, that you still will not address the situation about why you think the International school should pay more, whilst you pay nothing.

A

apostropheman

did someone say FREAK! :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

It would seem that YOU are trying to make things personal, what with the name calling and all. :ermm:

Just what does give you the right to dictate to others, especially when you have not contributed yourself? Nothing!!! The nerve of some people! :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.