Gringo Allert:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Rented office space to Karry Caffrey and he fell two months behin, using up his security and last months rent. Demanded payment and got stalled, would not return phone calls and did not show for appointments with us or our atty. Took another 2 months using our atty to track him down, get him to sign a rental release and get a set of keys (copied) from him. I just got his phone and electice bills.

Kerry Mathew Caffrey. DBA: RTF Global Distributors
White male. Age +- 45. Average to slight build and average looking.
Irish Passport. He told us that he has lived in Canada, Asia and several other places.
Last known business address, August 2007: 900 David Stern, El Batey, Sousa. (Had printed on business cards.)
Last known residence: "Penthouse" in TradeWinds condos, Sousa. (Told us a friend was letting him/them use it.)
Has one female Canadian partner. Told he has another male partner, unknown.
Main trait: Well spoken, talks fast and non-stop. (Wonder when he takes a breath.) No obvious accent.

Two months rent.................... US $700.00
Attys' fees ............................ ???
Outstanding Edenorth bill....... DR $ 1,201.17
Outstanding Codetel bill......... DR $21,920.39
(plus fees to reconnect, etc.)
Still has master set of office keys.

This is all documented.

Regards, Ringo

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I actually like this concept.
If people want to go around scamming others, then let it be made public, so as to make it more difficult for them do ply "their trade".
Also, it may act as a deterrent, to know that you will be exposed on the internet, if you try to pull some of that crap.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Ringo, is the office he is advertising the one he rented from you? why dont you check it out and see if he has left any equipment in there, then put a lien on it quick,,, or take equipment to the value owed - ahem. or... set him up with a potential client?? If he has done it to you.....

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
agree 50%

I actually like this concept.
If people want to go around scamming others, then let it be made public, so as to make it more difficult for them do ply "their trade".
Also, it may act as a deterrent, to know that you will be exposed on the internet, if you try to pull some of that crap.

I kind of agree Marco with the concept. Often thought about starting a web site here in NYC for dead beat rent payers. Getting hit right now for close to $9000 in lost rent because of being scammed, NY laws, errors on my behalf.

However, the problem I have with this thread is we are only hearing one side of the story. I can think of instances where rent sh0uld be withheld (as a landlord I NEVER thought I would say that) because of LL failure to deliver what he was to do.
Secondly, it's all too easy too malign someone using the mighty keyboard. How do we know this issue of deflamation is not an issue of revenge of some sort? We just don't know. IMHO, issues like this should not be settled in the "court of internet summary judgements"

john

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I kind of agree Marco with the concept. Often thought about starting a web site here in NYC for dead beat rent payers. Getting hit right now for close to $9000 in lost rent because of being scammed, NY laws, errors on my behalf.

However, the problem I have with this thread is we are only hearing one side of the story. I can think of instances where rent sh0uld be withheld (as a landlord I NEVER thought I would say that) because of LL failure to deliver what he was to do.
Secondly, it's all too easy too malign someone using the mighty keyboard. How do we know this issue of deflamation is not an issue of revenge of some sort? We just don't know. IMHO, issues like this should not be settled in the "court of internet summary judgements"

john
Yes, you are correct.
I have no good suggestions.
I simply like the fact that any dead beats and/or scammers could be called out for all to see.
As you rightly point out, we have no way of knowing that the allegations are true.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I have stated the facts as documented with my atty. and have the phone and elec. bills in front of me.

He stated that he was importing from China, I will not say what, but the items being imported changed, along with different Countries, with converstations.

He turned on the electric and phone/DSL.. NEVER moved in except a phone. So nothing to "take". Same concerning the apt. he is in; not his. My atty said that the legal solution was not worth the trouble for the rent as he says that he has no money nor assets. (Said basicly the same to my wife.)

The phone bill.... just pushed me over the edge.

Let him respond as/if he wishes. I have all the papers and legal docs. I FULLY aggree that DR1 is not a place to vent anything and everything that we do not like against another. We all would be posting all day long.

Regards, Ringo.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have stated the facts as documented with my atty. and have the phone and elec. bills in front of me.

He stated that he was importing from China, I will not say what, but the items being imported changed, along with different Countries, with converstations.

He turned on the electric and phone/DSL.. NEVER moved in except a phone. So nothing to "take". Same concerning the apt. he is in; not his. My atty said that the legal solution was not worth the trouble for the rent as he says that he has no money nor assets. (Said basicly the same to my wife.)

The phone bill.... just pushed me over the edge.

Let him respond as/if he wishes. I have all the papers and legal docs. I FULLY aggree that DR1 is not a place to vent anything and everything that we do not like against another. We all would be posting all day long.

Regards, Ringo.
Am not questioning you or your info.
Just agreeing with John, 'cause he's right.
We have no way of knowing for sure.
It's not your info that's in question, it's internet info in general.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Adrianb.

Just checked the web sight. LOL ON THE FLOOR.

No photos of Kerry or Christien. Go into DR1 rentals. You will see the office they rented from me on David Stern.

Regards, Ringo

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
johne and Rocky;

I agree and support that both sides should be givin. I stress that, I think, DR1 is not the place to post personal problems.

Let us go back to the original post.
I have given NAMES AND SITUATION.

This is not a debate nor do I wish to have the "I should have/could have" responses.

Very simple. This is MY experience concerning THIS person and HIS company. By posting this IS MY information as I know it and now appears to be on going with this .... guy.

Just putting MY experience out for others so they may have information.

Regards, Ringo

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Understood, but you are naive to think that no one was going to react to your op. No offense meant.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
A.H. No offense taken.

Thanks to those that have helped.

We have learned that, in addition to the original post;

:: RFT GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION :: aka: Kerry Caffrey & Chritine McTavish
have a new modern office and large staff in my office rental at David Stern No. 6, El Batey Sosua. This office is listed in the DR1 rentals. (They never moved in and had to be evicted several months ago.)

RFT is still using this office space address with continued phone/internet service.

Today I get to go to Codetel and Edenorte. This should be a lot of fun.... and a lot of money. Odds are I will have to meet with my atty also. Getting new services will not happen until all past/outstanding bills are paid for the address, no matter who ran them up.

Regards, Ringo

P.S. (Maybe I should have the Hells Angels over for a few beers.)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I contacted the company's e-mail address from their web site asking about their new office address. Mr Caffrey responded saying that he is now working out of his apartment and gave me his cell number.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I contacted the company's e-mail address from their web site asking about their new office address. Mr Caffrey responded saying that he is now working out of his apartment and gave me his cell number.

Well done Mr. Hidalgo. And........er.........what might you be importing from China, if I might be so bold? :cheeky:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I was thinking about the "little red book"....but no that's another matter. I was just following my curious ways and wanted to see if they responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.