Alejandro Sanz Concert - Review

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm a veteran of some huge Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Genesis, Tina Turner, Live Aid etc concerts so was expecting a "so so" show from Alejandro Sanz.

Alejandro Sanz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Palacio de Deportes in Santo Domingo was jam packed and predominately with females :) I'm sure Lincoln and Churchill was Jevito free this night.

Me and my date for the night that dragged me into going had great seats, much better than I expected when I looked at the deceiving seat map at "Ticket Express. Our seats were close to the stage, but high enough to see everything.

On a side note.... I don't get the whole VIP ticket thing, I personally think the location is bad and you have to stand for the whole of the concert to see anything. I guess it's a social event for some and you need to be seen in the right spot?

Concert....

I have listened to a few of Alejandro Sanz songs and they are a little slow, kind of mushy, so this is what I was expecting. Was I wrong, he kicked it!
The band was excellent and he really put on a hi energy show, very impressed. He was on stage for 1.5hrs or more and really got the crowd going, plenty of familiar songs (Dominicans know all the words), couple of encores, dumping crap on Chavez (Venezuela) and generally putting on a great show.

Below are a few photos I took with my phone.

Stage. You can see the VIP area in front of the stage.
sanz_1.jpg

My date.
sanz_2.jpg

Alejandro Sanz putting on a show!
sanz_3.jpg