Which bank???

A

apostropheman

I have been searching for the thread where it was mentioned which bank(s) Anoeca will deposit your interest into but cannot find it. It's possible it was in a PM or email so I'll ask here.

Does anyone know which banks Anoeca deposits interest into if asked? I believe they have this setup with either 1 or 2 banks specifically.

Thank you.

A

apostropheman

Eventually I'll wish to have an account in a DR bank, initially based in Sosua to handle my peso deposits.
With this in mind which bank would you recommend for overall service, internet banking access, availability of ATMs and branches, interest rates and fees (and other intangibles perhaps)?

The recommendations do not necessarily have to be the bank(s) in question in the 1st post.

Thanks again.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife does all her banking from Canada at BHD and doesn't seem to have any problems. She moves money from account to account without any problems.

Last edited:
A

apostropheman

Thanks Bob,

Does she do this all online?

That is from her Canadian bank account to her BHD account or is it necessary to actually go into the bank, in Canada, and wire the money? Are there fees or charges, and if so about how much?

I know that for a small charge, $1.50 IIRC, I can and have transfered money from my accounts to another person's, all online via "email", but have only done it from one Canadian bank to another. Never out of the country.

My wife does all her banking from Canada at BHD and doesn't seem to have any problems. She moves money from account to account without any problems.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
The best bank for me is B. St.Cruz, for some reason Alberto wont transfer clients interest into this bank, I dont understand why, he has accounts there. He transfers into BHD and Scotiabank

A

apostropheman

More questions :D:

If I can transfer funds from a Canadian bank to a DR bank, all online, do I have a choice of currency deposited? I would likely send CAD and would prefer it to be deposited into a USD account at the DR bank.

If it's possible any idea of the rate that the bank in the DR would convert at? "Onanda" type rates or do they take a larger percentage when converting?

Is it an "instant" transfer, like in Canada, or is there a delay, and of how long?

Thanks.

A

apostropheman

Thank you!
The best bank for me is B. St.Cruz, for some reason Alberto wont transfer clients interest into this bank, I dont understand why, he has accounts there. He transfers into BHD and Scotiabank
Why do you think Banco Santo Cruz is the best?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks Bob,

Does she do this all online?

That is from her Canadian bank account to her BHD account or is it necessary to actually go into the bank, in Canada, and wire the money? Are there fees or charges, and if so about how much?

I know that for a small charge, $1.50 IIRC, I can and have transfered money from my accounts to another person's, all online via "email", but have only done it from one Canadian bank to another. Never out of the country.

No, I was talking about internal transfers in the same Bank between school account, personal account, business account...etc. Whenever we have transfered money from here we have transfered through her Scotiabank here in Canada to BHD and it takes 3-4 business days to clear with a cost of around $35 for 10,000 plus.

A

apostropheman

Thanks Bob,

That's about what I figured, unfortunately :D

Just no getting around the dreaded wire transfer fees unless it comes with me in my pocket I guess ;)
No, I was talking about internal transfers in the same Bank between school account, personal account, business account...etc. Whenever we have transfered money from here we have transfered through her Scotiabank here in Canada to BHD and it takes 3-4 business days to clear with a cost of around $35 for 10,000 plus.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'm with BHD. When I first opened the account it was called Mercantil, then it got bought by Republic then by BHD. The manager & assistant manager have remained the same for 14 years despite all the buyouts. And that is what I find important - not which bank so much as what sort of a long term relationship you strike up with the key personnel. They got me dollar cash in 2004 when it really was in short supply. And took me into the vault to count it, so no-one else would see. ;)