Alisei or Lomita Maravilla

Stateside

Dec 11, 2007
Since I'm having difficulties locating available lodging in Las Galeras, I'm looking into Las Terrenas. In that I'm considering between Alisei and Lomita Maravilla, which will I be most happy with?
Thanks!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
When we were looking a couple of months back, these were the two options we had narrowed down. We went with Alisei and I couldnt have been happier. Great service, clean, good location and lots of restaurants in walking distance but be sure to try their on-site restaurant if you do decide to stay there.
The pictures of Lomita Maravilla were impressive though and a poster on here suggested both resorts were of a similar calibre.

Stateside

Dec 11, 2007
Great to hear! Was hedging towards Alisei a few weeks back based on what I read on the web, so your input just helps confirm my intuition. I just put in a request to book so if luck's on my side that's where we'll be staying. Thanks for your quick feedback!

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi, Stateside
It's a hard life decision...decision, two great hotels and what you see in the pictures you
get and more, however i think drloca is right Alisei just gets my vote for location.

Happy Days

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Alisei all the way!

My husband and I stay there three months every winter and we couldn't be
happier.

Beautiful place, great location, excellent service, very clean, electricity 24/7,
security, airconditioner, cable TV, comfortable beds, and, oh yes, great
restaurant (one of the best in town) and spa within the premises.

Stateside

Dec 11, 2007
Other end of peninsula

Terrific! Alisei confirmed our lodging and we can't wait! As we also are considering a one-night stay in Las Galeras so we can just get a sampling of the area and make a day at Playa Ricon a bit more relaxed, any additional recommendations? We tried Todo Blanco, but they are booked. Others we are considering: Casa Dorado (B&B), Villa La Plantacion. While I recognize that where ever we stay it will be more laid-back than LT, Alisei is a good comparison of what we like. Thanks!