Stupid Question.

SantoRob

Dec 16, 2007
Sorry, I would try answer this on my own. But there is no such thing as a real map of the island. So could anyone tell me what Ciudad, Gazcue is in. Is it Santo Domingo DN.

Thanks,

Rob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, Gazcue is a residential neighbourhood in the city of Santo Domingo, National District.

SantoRob

Dec 16, 2007
What is so stange.

Yes I have been to that part of town before. I am somewhat familiar with the Gazcue area, but I was not 100% sure what city it was in. What is so strange about someone attempting to verify information on this site if they are not completely sure of what they "think" they can remember. I believe this site is here to provide people with information, not for people that have nothing better to do that to pile through posts and make inane comments that don't serve to help anybody. I think an old adage with a twist is required here. If you don't have anything nice, or useful to say. Then please please, keep your comments to yourself.

I have read this board for over 2 years and did not post till quire recently for exactly this reason. Some people on this board in my opinion do not provide any helpful information to anyone. They merely use the site to bully others for no apparent reason. Please it is time to leave the sandbox and play nice with other people.

Thanks,

Rob

SantoRob

Dec 16, 2007
Perfect Example

From # 4 above

I think it was pretty obvious that I wanted information about Gazcue. I was looking for things in Gazcue.

There are some good restaurants in Gazcue but many more in the Colonial Zone and the Naco/Piantini area - the bakeries there are much better than Hnos. Villar.

Posting this really did not help me with Gazcue. But instead portrayed your condescended attitude towards Gazcue.

Rob

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hilarious. I love Gazcue. I used to live there. But... Hnos Villar is not that good, in my opinion. My comment was intended to point out other, better alternatives - you know - in an attempt to help posters? Like you, as I did when I answered this OP, believing it to be a perfectly reasonable question from someone who had never visited the DR?

Maybe you can help me: let me have some of what you were smoking when you stayed at the Jaragua and didn't know which city you were in. :D

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Something else, I am curious what you mean with 'there is no such thing as a real map of the island'.
As a geographer I am interested in people's uses and perceptions of maps.

But there is no such thing as a real map of the island.

El sabelot?

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 7, 2008
Hilarious. I love Gazcue. I used to live there. But... Hnos Villar is not that good, in my opinion. My comment was intended to point out other, better alternatives - you know - in an attempt to help posters? Like you, as I did when I answered this OP, believing it to be a perfectly reasonable question from someone who had never visited the DR?

Maybe you can help me: let me have some of what you were smoking when you stayed at the Jaragua and didn't know which city you were in. :D

I'm one of those unlucky souls whose brains do not react well when smoking certain things, but I'm willing to try it again and again. So, share it with me, Chiri.

SantoRob

Dec 16, 2007
This is not the point of the this forum. I will not dignify your slanderous comments with a response. Moderator please close this thread.

Rob

Lighten up Rob; it's a JOKE - as indicated by the smiley face...

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator: