Counting our blessings

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This is the time of the year when I most appreciate living in the DR.
As I surf the channels on TV and see weather reports emanating from the US, and see how horrendous the weather is there, I can't help but to be doubly thankful for living in what I consider to be the most ideal climate on the entire planet.
I am appreciative of the many other perks of living in the DR, but the weather alone, is enough reason for me to live here.
I hate that friggin' cold.

I thank my lucky stars that I decided to move here.
It's been a bumpy ride on occasion, but it's been worth it.
I feel so very very lucky to be here, that I sometimes even feel guilty, for being this fortunate.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
This is the time of the year when I most appreciate living in the DR.
As I surf the channels on TV and see weather reports emanating from the US, and see how horrendous the weather is there, I can't help but to be doubly thankful for living in what I consider to be the most ideal climate on the entire planet.
I am appreciative of the many other perks of living in the DR, but the weather alone, is enough reason for me to live here.
I hate that friggin' cold.

I thank my lucky stars that I decided to move here.
It's been a bumpy ride on occasion, but it's been worth it.
I feel so very very lucky to be here, that I sometimes even feel guilty, for being this fortunate.

Although we're having a heatwave (imagine 12? C)

Sadist

Grrrrr

Greetings

Johan

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm coming up to 10 years without experiencing winter weather. That's over a quarter of my life - I'm sure it will add to my life expectancy or at least my enjoyment of it while it lasts.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm coming up to 10 years without experiencing winter weather. That's over a quarter of my life - I'm sure it will add to my life expectancy or at least my enjoyment of it while it lasts.
People in cold climates die younger, because they want to.;)

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
People in cold climates die younger, because they want to.;)

Thats no maybe!!

All the power to all you guys who are feeling the suns warmth as we speak...soak some up for the rest of us who arent as fortunate at this time.
And lets not forget all the other perks of life in the DR!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
It took my friends 5 hours to drive 20 miles yesterday. It was the worst traffic day I have ever experienced in the US. I cannot wait to be in the DR :bunny:

cuas

May 29, 2006
Thank you Rocky.
You appreciate the good things DR is giving you.
I "trago en seco" every time I only read about the bad things.
Some people should appreciate little things as be able to see, walk, talk and to be lucky to live in the DR. (the positive side).