Travelling Advice Needed - Santa Domingo

ladybird1404

Feb 13, 2008
I am travelling to Dominican Republic in May from the UK and visiting a friend who lives in Santa Domingo so need to be as close to the city as possible but also want to enjoy the benefits of an all inclusive hotel. Is Boca Chica the closest resort to SD? I have called lots of tour operators but am being told different things.
Please Help

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Yes, Boca Chica is the closest place with all-inclusive hotels to Santo Domingo. But, Juan Dolio isn't much further east, and some would prefer it over Boca Chica.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi Ladybird,
As agrande said Boca Chica is closest to Santo Domingo, however it's not the best place
to stay. Try Jun Dolio.

ladybird1404

Feb 13, 2008
Thanks for the posts. How much would a taxi cost in peso's or GBP? I am being told all different things by tour reps trying to flog me other holidays!!
As long as Im as close to Santo Domingo as possible I dont mind which hotel Im in

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think a lot depends on how much time you want to spend with your friend in Santo Domingo. There are some fine small hotels that will not break the budget, and there are tons of good places to eat in the city.
When you get out into the tourist areas, you are at the mercy of the normal touristy prices.

Look into this a bit further. Like do a search for "inexpensive hotels in Santo Domingo", and you'll be surprised, I'm sure.

Regarding Boca Chica, eeeh? not my first choice.

Juan Dolio is a bit further but a lot nicer atmosphere.

HB

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
If you decide to stay in Santo Domingo,you could take a look at Bettye's Guest house,
it's in the colonial zone

Bettye Marshall, e-mail:bettyemarshall@hotmail.com web:plazatoledo@zonacolonial.com