Which banks are giving out the highest CD rates as 02.08

castillo183

Feb 15, 2008
Hey I was wondering which banks is giving out the highest rate in Dominican republic right now. I check out the Central Bank of D.R. and they give out 11 percent and then 9 percent per year. The question where is the central bank located in Dominican republic so that can be my first stop to deposited some money in there.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Call the numbers at bottom of link page. It says cd applications done by appointments. Perhaps others can give you the location.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Call the numbers at bottom of link page. It says cd applications done by appointments. Perhaps others can give you the location.

You already gave it to him, Alfredo.

castillo183, use A.Hidalgo's link and click on................(drum roll ;) ) Contacto and you will find addresses, phone nos. & email address.
Banco Central de la Rep?blica Dominicana

I assumed from your first post that you have Spanish? You will need it in order to do a BC so if you haven't take someone with you who has.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Actually there is a Banco Central in Santiago and they speak English. Currently for 30 months you can get a 15% rate. No appointment was need when we were there, but perhaps thats changed.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
English being spoken at Santiago BC is also a change from 4 years ago when a friend had her Baninter investment transferred to BC - fortunately she was fluent in Spanish. Worth the OP phoning to also get info about not turning up with sacks of cash.......

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Currently for 30 months you can get a 15% rate. No appointment was need when we were there, but perhaps thats changed.

The current terms have changed slightly. Here are the current offerings:

Certificados a Plazo Fijo

Plazos Tasas de Inter?s
  • 180 d?as 8%
  • 365 d?as 9%
  • 18 meses 10%
  • 24 meses 11%
  • 30 meses 13%
  • 36 meses 15%

Also, investor are being attended by appointment only at this time. A potential investor might get lucky and walk in to find an open appointment slot for the day they walked in but I don't recommend just going to BC without an appointment.

Los inversionistas ser?n atendidos por citas,
las cuales pueden ser solicitadas a trav?s de
los tel?fonos:

(809)221-9112
(809)221-9116
source: Banco Central de la Rep?blica Dominicana

NotLurking

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I thought you can't just take a sack full of cash (large amount of money) to any DR bank to deposit in anything, unless you have a proof of where it came from....

Or is that just for money coming from abroad ?!

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
The current terms have changed slightly. Here are the current offerings:

Certificados a Plazo Fijo

Plazos Tasas de Inter?s
  • 180 d?as 8%
  • 365 d?as 9%
  • 18 meses 10%
  • 24 meses 11%
  • 30 meses 13%
  • 36 meses 15%

Also, investor are being attended by appointment only at this time. A potential investor might get lucky and walk in to find an open appointment slot for the day they walked in but I don't recommend just going to BC without an appointment.

source: Banco Central de la Rep?blica Dominicana

NotLurking

I just want to verify as a US citizen, non resident you can open a cd with banco central?

Also what is the max you can invest as a non resident?

Any answers are appreciated!

danely

Apr 23, 2004
Read the English version if you need it....there are contact numbers, etc., and a location in Puerto Plata....and yes, you can open a cd.....

sunnymermaid

Jul 6, 2008
insurance of deposits in the DR?

does the govt insure deposits of non-residents or just resdients or not at all please......is there an amount they only insure up to? we have $$ in scotia bank in punta cana area and only get 1%.....