MOM going to Santiago needs help!

Manitas

Hello everyone,

I was soo pleased to read how individuals can reach out to DR1 for help and information that I decided to present my situation.

HERE IT IS...

I'm a proud mom of 3 beautiful teenagers.
Recently my spouse was diagnosed with a rare & advanced sarcoma cancer.
Due to that reason, I want to send my children to live with relatives (aunts, uncles & cousins) in Santiago for a year, from July 2007 to June 2008.

Caring for a very ill person and attending the children's needs is quite a challenge. Every single day, I have to take my husband for radiation.
Soon, he'll be getting chemo via IV weekly in NYC.

It's not easy to see a man's health deteriorating day by day.
My children are suffering, it's not fair to them to see their dad like this.

I've reached out to relatives and they are willing to help.

I'm hoping to find a wonderful school that English speaking adolescents who are serious about their education could attend. I want my children to have a great academic & cultural experience.

Please share experiences, opinions or contacts with me.

My family there can't help much, all their children are grown & gone.

Blessings to all & I hope to get some responses soon.

Mary
creator of Manitas Por Autismo (educational website)
Link to website Manitas por Autismo
Spanish language website about AUTISM

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Mary,

Im very sad to read your story, I wish you the very best in your difficult time. If you find a poster on here called Hillbilly and click on his name, you can contact him direct. He is a very knowledgeable kind family man and he may be able to help you with contact info. Good luck.

karen.s

Sep 12, 2007
hello

hello , i cant help with info you asked for , but just wanted to say , i lost my father my best freind with a brain tumour 2 and a half years ago , and it is very hard on all the family. so be strong the road a head is tuff but you will find the strengh , you have your family behind you ....my dads family showed their true colours ... god bless to you and your family love karen...