Cost for Skylift Ride

P

Phyllis

I understand the Puerto Plata skylift is again out of service, but should be running later this week. What is the cost for one adult to take the ride? What are the days/hours of operation? Where "exactly" is it located - directions would be nice. Thanks!

H

Helen

Phyllis, by the skylift...do you mean the cable car? Was there last week and paid 100 pesos per person.

P

Phyllis

Hola Helen, yes I mean the cable car (DROne News calls it the Skylift); thanks for the price, do you know the days/hours of operation and directions how to get there? Gracias

H

Helen

Hola Phyllis, Sorry...wasn't paying attention to the hours posted but we went on a Monday afternoon around 1:30pm. There wasn't too many people at that time. It was just gorgeous up there...along with a nice cool breeze at all times. As for directions to get there. Haven't got a clue!!! Had a friend take us up there in his rum runner 4x4. I can get directions from him if you want or you can just tell any of the cabbies or motoconchos that you want to go to take the cablecar. They should know the way. When are you going??? Tip-get a battery operated fan or something...the electricity is constantly going out if you live outside in the city...ie outside the hotels or resorts. Take care.

T

tgf

Just ask any motorconcho or taxi driver in Puerto Plata to take you to the "teleferico" and they'll know where it is. It is off the main road (highway) from Imbert to Puerto Plata just as you enter the city of Puerto Plata on the right. You get off the main road onto a steep winding road for about 300 meters and arrive at the base of the cable car. Have a great time.

A

Alexandra

Problems / safety cable car ???

I've been reading a lot of posts on whether the cable car is working or not, looks like most of the time it is not working. We use cable cars in the winter for skiing all the time, these cable cars are checked every day and always work, never any problems.

Why is this cable car always out of order? Problems with power, with the cable? I might want to go up one day, but just wondering how safe this cable car is? Any risk of being high on a mountain and being forced to walk down, because the cable car stopped working? Any risk of stranding high in the air, hanging on a thin cable ??

Alexandra