How is living in Rio San Juan

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
AR is great. no crime, no problems!

But my novia is from the RD. In have spent several days in Rio San Juan:glasses:. The town seems without crime. Many houses with no bars, the hotel does not require security, there are no security guards toting shotguns, and a few residents, shop owners, and others relate no problems. I just wanted other opinions.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
PapaB,
Please forgive me, but it's difficult to take you seriously. All of your discussion about your previous problems in DR - not just in Cabarete but Juan Dolio, typhoid, dengue, police persecution, Haitians... you were leaving the country forever if I'm not mistaken... now you want to try again?

I think you had a run of very bad luck, but I do wonder about your ability to judge where it's okay to live.

papabenito said:
"Illusion versus Reality--Why I moved away from Sosua/Cabarete

<HR style="COLOR: #173f96" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I visited the area several times over the last 5 years and loved it for all the reasons that many of you love it.

Remember your own words "Illusion versus Reality". 5 years of visiting Cabarete and you didn't see 'reality' til you moved here. Now it's Rio San Juan & you're thinking maybe you found your place in the sun. For your sake, I truly hope it's right for you.

ps: i supported you in your claims in the other thread as i knew what you were reporting at the time regarding crime in cabarete was real while others were saying you exaggerated

Last edited:

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
RSJ is a very nice and friendly litle town, but there is crime and drugs there also.

ScottC

Feb 20, 2008
Rio San Juan will have a new power plant within the next 90 days which should improve the electricity in that area greatly

mark tuggle

Feb 27, 2008
power in Rio San Juan

Do you really think that electricity in Rio San Juan is going to improve soon? It is always hard to believe what they say.