Silly tourists....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
When will you tourists stop making a fools out of yourselves?
10 days ago, I was boarding a delta plane to atlanta and this is what I saw.
I saw 2 women in bikinis, yes, in bathing suits, checking in luggage and boarding the plane. At first I thought they came to see off their friends and will head back to hotel's pool or a beach but when I saw them heading towards the security check, I `couldn't help but to see what would happen to them. Not surprising , they were told to go back and change to some normal clothes before entering the airport. I mean, come on, its funny enough to see you silly women crying to tears when leaving your sankies behind, but to see you girls trying to board a plane in bikini???? its a joke.
I happened to run into some people who work at the airport (puerto plata) who knew me from old times. they told me its a regular scene to see fat white women crying as they leave their fake boyfriends (sankies) behind and while the women are going away from one door, the sankies run towards the arrival to meet the new incoming girlfriends. Just too funny.
Now it seems the bikini attire issue is also nothing new. It seems there are always some women who try boarding the planes in bikini, almost every week.
Then when i was boarding my plane in atlanta towards puerto plata yesterday. I saw a girl boarding the plane with a huge pillow in her hands. I heard her say, she takes her bed pillow to everywhere. She seemed so silly to take along a huge pillow in her arms. No wonder dominicans make fun of you folks.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It would seem to me boarding in bikini should be easier as there's not much else to take off. Now if they don't look goog then I agree they should go back and cover up...hehe

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
What do you mean bikini?
The top and god forbid the BOTTOM, yikes. A scary sight, I was relaxing on the beach in puerto plata and I saw all types of gringas sporting two piece bikinis, and I mean ALLL types, hahahaha.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Teddy Bears are certainly alright!!!

My Lord....bikinis....hahahaha..

I do remember on scene when a sanky-mate was going to the states with his lover, and like any (Dominican) male, he boarded first, but was so freaking stupid he could not read his seat number and had to ask a flight attendant where his seat was!!!

Oh AZB, you make me laugh!!

HB

drhopefuljww

Jan 13, 2008
Negative attitude towards tourists

The negative attitude towards tourists on this board makes me sick. Yes, tourists can do stupid things. So can any other group of people, no matter where they are from. Please keep in mind that these tourists are the main source of income for the country. I'm not saying you should bow down to them because of this, but the OP's tone says that they think all tourists are stuipd.

If a "stupid fat white woman" wants to think she is in love with a sankie, so be it. I don't see how it affects you one way or another.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
stupid tourists...

I thought the tone of the post was a little harsh.....perhaps a little sexist, as well. When one generalizes about a group of people, well, its akin to racism and the other "isms" that exist in our world. For starters, I was recently a tourist, and I don't think I behaved ridiculous in any way. I tried dutifully to be gracious, patient and respectful. I saw some ridiculous tourists, but when I thought about the sheer number of us that were there, I figured, well, it's just a small number. There are stupid non-tourists, as well. As far as sexism goes, how come its not OK for a "fat white woman" to walk around in a bathing suit? What is she supposed to wear on the beach.....a burka? How come I don't hear anyone complaining about the sight of a beer bellied gringo wearing a speedo? Hey, speedos in general, right? For instance, in Cortecito, I saw four middle-aged men saunter onto the beach together, all with beer bellies, no shirts and they were all wearing straw hats. They looked effing silly! They were also rude in that typical "i'm an american male and I deserve to be treated like a king" way. Uggg. But, again, the point I am making is that there are idiots everywhere, not just amongst the tourist sect. OK, I need more coffeee....

A

apostropheman

I thought the tone of the post was a little harsh.....perhaps a little sexist, as well. When one generalizes about a group of people, well, its akin to racism and the other "isms" that exist in our world. For starters, I was recently a tourist, and I don't think I behaved ridiculous in any way. I tried dutifully to be gracious, patient and respectful. I saw some ridiculous tourists, but when I thought about the sheer number of us that were there, I figured, well, it's just a small number. There are stupid non-tourists, as well. As far as sexism goes, how come its not OK for a "fat white woman" to walk around in a bathing suit? What is she supposed to wear on the beach.....a burka? How come I don't hear anyone complaining about the sight of a beer bellied gringo wearing a speedo? Hey, speedos in general, right? For instance, in Cortecito, I saw four middle-aged men saunter onto the beach together, all with beer bellies, no shirts and they were all wearing straw hats. They looked effing silly! They were also rude in that typical "i'm an american male and I deserve to be treated like a king" way. Uggg. But, again, the point I am making is that there are idiots everywhere, not just amongst the tourist sect. OK, I need more coffeee....
....and paragraphs :D:bunny::bunny:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Listen people...familiar with the term silence is golden????

Dont even waste your breathe...or in this case your keyboarding time ....by responding to a post like this....its all about low self-esteem and therefore portraying EVERYONE else in a negative light.

Do what you are comfortable doing.

Some peoples best skills invilve bashing others!!!

J

John Evans

"you are only truely mature when you dont care if people think you are silly"

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Do what you are comfortable doing.

Did you hear about the woman who travelled on an aircraft carrying an orthopaedic pillow? She was recommended to use it by her chiropracter who wrote a prescription so that it was accepted as hand luggage and didn't bung up her suitcase.

She wasn't wearing a bikini, though. :)

The negative attitude towards tourists on this board makes me sick. Yes, tourists can do stupid things. So can any other group of people, no matter where they are from. Please keep in mind that these tourists are the main source of income for the country. I'm not saying you should bow down to them because of this, but the OP's tone says that they think all tourists are stuipd.

If a "stupid fat white woman" wants to think she is in love with a sankie, so be it. I don't see how it affects you one way or another.

We find it funny and like to laugh about it OK!!!

Dwight

Oct 2, 2004
Pillow....

....I've experienced a lot of "balled-up", hard as a rock, thin, pieces of crap pillows in hotel rooms. It may be awkward......but, bringing your own doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me.lol;)

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Did you hear about the woman who travelled on an aircraft carrying an orthopaedic pillow? She was recommended to use it by her chiropracter who wrote a prescription so that it was accepted as hand luggage and didn't bung up her suitcase.

Well I guess that made the world of difference!;)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
One of the funnier tourist moments I've ever seen was watching some guy a bar and the sweat pouring from his head was black.

Apparently he did not apply the "Just For Men" hair coloring correctly and it was dripping all over his face and shirt.

It was a bittersweet moment though, when his girlfriend was trying to tenderly wipe the sweat with a napkin while lovingly saying, "Aye papi, que's eso?"

Poor little cuero...:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
give me a break!

Excuse me........ and what about the fat,old and ugly gringo with a $1500 a month social security check, proud as a peacock running around with a 20's something year old girl?????? NICE! Don't sit in a glass house and cast stones!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Excuse me........ and what about the fat,old and ugly gringo with a $1500 a month social security check, proud as a peacock running around with a 20's something year old girl?????? NICE! Don't sit in a glass house and cast stones!

excuse me, but I fail to see the problem here.
what seem to be the point?
AZB

May 12, 2005
Some people just don't think or care about their actions or appearance. When they go out in public they become fodder for our entertainment.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

Now a chiropractic pillow is one thing, but this over sized pillow was not orthopedic brand. It was a regular full sized bed pillow and she was getting a kick out of people giving her a strange looks. She was just trying to be cute. I bet she was no more then 22 yrs old.

Now the women in Bikini were not old or out of shape (well, maybe one of them), they were generally young women in decent shape. They were only trying to be sexy and not to mention, attract attention. They had oil rubbed on their skin and wearing 2 piece bikinis. They even had their wrist bands on. I was almost sure they were going back to the hotel after dropping off their friends to the airport. Then I waited to see if they were really show offs who were only trying to be ridiculous. i was right. The security was watching them and when they got closer to the security check they were turned back. you should have seen the surprise looks on their faces.
Now I would like to know, do you women act the same way back home or you simply just become stupid and weird when you step off the plane onto Caribbean islands?

Now the fat women who were shedding tears as they were off to the immigration check, saying goodbys to their cheap sankies. hahahahaha This is soooo ridiculous that even the Dominicans are sick of seeing this everyday.
Come on people, get your act together. This is not alabama, this is dominican republic and believe me, you folks don't look cute doing all this ridiculous stuff. Stop being clowns for a day.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can you guys point to where the super self esteem classes are held or is it something men are born with and then spend most of their life ridiculing others, mostly women ;)