Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Silly tourists....

When will you tourists stop making a fools out of yourselves?
    10 days ago, I was boarding a delta plane to atlanta and this is what I saw.
    I saw 2 women in bikinis, yes, in bathing suits, checking in luggage and boarding the plane. At first I thought they came to see off their friends and will head back to hotel's pool or a beach but when I saw them heading towards the security check, I `couldn't help but to see what would happen to them. Not surprising , they were told to go back and change to some normal clothes before entering the airport. I mean, come on, its funny enough to see you silly women crying to tears when leaving your sankies behind, but to see you girls trying to board a plane in bikini???? its a joke.
    I happened to run into some people who work at the airport (puerto plata) who knew me from old times. they told me its a regular scene to see fat white women crying as they leave their fake boyfriends (sankies) behind and while the women are going away from one door, the sankies run towards the arrival to meet the new incoming girlfriends. Just too funny.
    Now it seems the bikini attire issue is also nothing new. It seems there are always some women who try boarding the planes in bikini, almost every week.
    Then when i was boarding my plane in atlanta towards puerto plata yesterday. I saw a girl boarding the plane with a huge pillow in her hands. I heard her say, she takes her bed pillow to everywhere. She seemed so silly to take along a huge pillow in her arms. No wonder dominicans make fun of you folks.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I should forget about that teddy bear I was planning to bring?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It would seem to me boarding in bikini should be easier as there's not much else to take off. Now if they don't look goog then I agree they should go back and cover up...hehe

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

What do you mean bikini?
    The top and god forbid the BOTTOM, yikes. A scary sight, I was relaxing on the beach in puerto plata and I saw all types of gringas sporting two piece bikinis, and I mean ALLL types, hahahaha.

Post Thanks / Like

Teddy Bears are certainly alright!!!

My Lord....bikinis....hahahaha..

I do remember on scene when a sanky-mate was going to the states with his lover, and like any (Dominican) male, he boarded first, but was so freaking stupid he could not read his seat number and had to ask a flight attendant where his seat was!!!

Oh AZB, you make me laugh!!

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Negative attitude towards tourists

The negative attitude towards tourists on this board makes me sick. Yes, tourists can do stupid things. So can any other group of people, no matter where they are from. Please keep in mind that these tourists are the main source of income for the country. I'm not saying you should bow down to them because of this, but the OP's tone says that they think all tourists are stuipd.

If a "stupid fat white woman" wants to think she is in love with a sankie, so be it. I don't see how it affects you one way or another.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default stupid tourists...

I thought the tone of the post was a little harsh.....perhaps a little sexist, as well. When one generalizes about a group of people, well, its akin to racism and the other "isms" that exist in our world. For starters, I was recently a tourist, and I don't think I behaved ridiculous in any way. I tried dutifully to be gracious, patient and respectful. I saw some ridiculous tourists, but when I thought about the sheer number of us that were there, I figured, well, it's just a small number. There are stupid non-tourists, as well. As far as sexism goes, how come its not OK for a "fat white woman" to walk around in a bathing suit? What is she supposed to wear on the beach.....a burka? How come I don't hear anyone complaining about the sight of a beer bellied gringo wearing a speedo? Hey, speedos in general, right? For instance, in Cortecito, I saw four middle-aged men saunter onto the beach together, all with beer bellies, no shirts and they were all wearing straw hats. They looked effing silly! They were also rude in that typical "i'm an american male and I deserve to be treated like a king" way. Uggg. But, again, the point I am making is that there are idiots everywhere, not just amongst the tourist sect. OK, I need more coffeee....

apostropheman

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sparky11867 View Post
    I thought the tone of the post was a little harsh.....perhaps a little sexist, as well. When one generalizes about a group of people, well, its akin to racism and the other "isms" that exist in our world. For starters, I was recently a tourist, and I don't think I behaved ridiculous in any way. I tried dutifully to be gracious, patient and respectful. I saw some ridiculous tourists, but when I thought about the sheer number of us that were there, I figured, well, it's just a small number. There are stupid non-tourists, as well. As far as sexism goes, how come its not OK for a "fat white woman" to walk around in a bathing suit? What is she supposed to wear on the beach.....a burka? How come I don't hear anyone complaining about the sight of a beer bellied gringo wearing a speedo? Hey, speedos in general, right? For instance, in Cortecito, I saw four middle-aged men saunter onto the beach together, all with beer bellies, no shirts and they were all wearing straw hats. They looked effing silly! They were also rude in that typical "i'm an american male and I deserve to be treated like a king" way. Uggg. But, again, the point I am making is that there are idiots everywhere, not just amongst the tourist sect. OK, I need more coffeee....
    ....and paragraphs

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Listen people...familiar with the term silence is golden????

Dont even waste your breathe...or in this case your keyboarding time ....by responding to a post like this....its all about low self-esteem and therefore portraying EVERYONE else in a negative light.

Do what you are comfortable doing.

Some peoples best skills invilve bashing others!!!

John Evans

"you are only truely mature when you dont care if people think you are silly"

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast