Construction costs in Las Terrenas?

wulfruny

Feb 18, 2008
Can anyone tell me square metre construction costs for Las Terrenas - excluding lot? Thinking of a simple Dominican -type house, maybe 80 -100 square metres. No pool, no a/c - just basic.

Thanks

dsburns

Nov 8, 2007
Construction cost Las Terrenas

Hi there,
We are in the process of building in Las Terrenas. I was told that for a dominican stlye construction is $40.00 sq. ft. Upper end $70-80 sq. ft.
It all depends on what you want.
Hope this helps.

wulfruny

Feb 18, 2008
Thanks for that

I heard from elsewhere US$500/square metre to US$750/square metre which falls just within the bracket of US$40-$80/square foot.

Good luck with your project

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
It all depends on who you contract and the level of fancy you go with the design on the house.

The most important thing to keep in mind is that legal and regulatory fees have increased a good 25% since Sept last year...

Also you must understand that Las Terrenas is not Santo Domingo or Santiago, where areas plenty of builders are pulling at each other to get your biz...

Also your choice of material for the ground floor, which means the actual home since you opted for a basic design, will play a big role in cost.

If you opt to build the house with no further potential for a second floor to be built down the road, then you could save some good money by using the smallest cinder blocks for the walls and interiors. This will translate into less cement needed to mortar...

Also your option of windows will have an impact on budget as well; by opting to use aluminum type louvers you'll cut the need of other construction materials.

Aluminum windows only require a finished cement wall to install, no special casings or anything else is needed...

There are a lot of options to go basic as basic can mean, but the big problem for anybody building in the coast is the lack of a contractor's race to offer the best price in those areas.

The golden rule is to go with somebody that you get good recommendations for...

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi,
Have you read this thread,

Homebuilding in the DR the Inexpensive (Dominican) way

By Chip00 Good luck