Fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Just to close this properly

We obtained 2 quotes for the windows - he was the dearer by 11% so it's not as if we screwed him down to a price for which the job could not be realistically completed.

We gave him a realistic time-scale to complete the job & he confirmed it would be possible - we even provided him with drawings & measurements so there would be no mistakes. I'll let you guess if he got it right or not ...

With 10 years combined experience in the window industry in Europe we are well qualified to judge competant workmanship.

All we expect is a job done properly for a fair price & the common courtesy to let us know if people are going to arrive at all.

NOW IT'S CLOSED

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
No offense, but you post doesn't make a lot of sense, please re-write and be more explicative this time.

J

John Evans

its a good idea to know these things but unfortunately its up for abuse .... as some people have agendas and may post things that are not necessarily true

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Fyi, here is one way to get a recommended contractor.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/72070-looking-better-windows-our-home-puerto-plata.html

Like I said on the other thread, No! We are not going to "name & shame dodgy contractors" before we do not know both sides of the story. And you are only telling us one side of the story.

This thread is closed. I suggest to find another topic to write about on the DR1 and I strongly suggest to not continue with naming and shaming anyone else at this stage of the game. You may pm me to discuss this topic if you still need to, but for this board, it is closed. No, I do not know the contractor from a bar of soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.