British pilot rescued after crash in the Caribbean during solo flight

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Glad to see he was picked up and is o.k. The U.S. Coasties do it again. Notice they didn?t return him to the D.R for his medical treatment!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Maurice Kirk, some in the north coast may know the fella. Thank goodness that he survived the crash.

Sorry, didn't see this thread. I posted here:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/72139-help-needed-downed-pilot.html#post609634

He doesn't live here, Alfredo, he's on a many year long solo round the world flight. Known in UK as 'Captain Kirk'........... my now deceased ex-husband (also a pilot/old aircraft enthusiast) met him but I don't think Maurice remembers him - would have been 30+ years ago. I'm in email contact with Maurice so if anyone can assist (please see other thread) please let me know or contact him directly via his email on website.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Brilliant

....his wife wrote on his blog 'hurry home dear, it's your turn to do the washing up' :laugh::laugh:
[/url]

She also said he has no mental problems ?other than he is a bit eccentric. That's not psychiatric. That's just individual. He pushes boundaries a bit or he wouldn't be flying round the world having adventures. He's a bit Boy's Own.?

Encourarage him to settle here in the DR. Characters like him add to the quality of life of everybody.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
She also said he has no mental problems ?other than he is a bit eccentric. That's not psychiatric. That's just individual. He pushes boundaries a bit or he wouldn't be flying round the world having adventures. He's a bit Boy's Own.?

Encourarage him to settle here in the DR. Characters like him add to the quality of life of everybody.
That seems a fairly drastic way of trying to help him get out of doing the washing up??!!! :cheeky: ;)

ALL power to you Captain Kirk - keep pushing those boundaries Sir & remind us that we are ALL individuals & not just a number in some corporate &/or politicos self made 'Box'!! :ermm: :tired: ~ Grahame

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
No sure of his route but anywhere from Oklahoma to Maine standby for the next drama...............;)

You're not going to believe this :laugh: Didn't get out of Texas before the next drama happened. Released from the psychiatric facility, arrested for being drunk which he denies, wouldn't sign paper to that effect so arrested by Immigration/Deportation people...................

Out of the Frying Pan into a Sink - Flying Vet News

BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | 'Flying vet' in deportation woe