Cabarete or Sosua for bachelor party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazydope

Jan 7, 2004
So i decided for my cuzin to go out with a bang and throw his bachelor party in dr this july bout 8 guys in their late 20's. Seems like with everything i've read we cant go wrong with either place. Am leaning towards Cabarete hear its like South Beach. We def want to b able to party n b loud wherever we stay. Looking @ condos really like the Ocean Dream. Any recommendations as to where to stay thats not too far from everything n where people wnt f with us?

gold83wing

Feb 1, 2008
Cabarete is good for night life, music of all kinds, but Sosua's night life is mor disco bars with lots of local women both tourists, but mainly locals and street girls both looking for money, so if its the typical action type bachelor party, i recommend it. dont get me wrong, cabarete has women, but more tourists and its mainly on the beach type bars. As for places to stay in cabarete there are many good places right in the main area, google them. in sosua there are fewer places, but good ones too.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Both places are good.
The secret is in being up front with the hotel where you want to stay.
Tell them that you guys intend on being a bit rowdy and drunk, but that you guys are respectful and assume responsibility for any additional expenses you might cause them, ie: a broken glass, etc.
That way, everybody knows where they stand and are all in agreement and there will be no nasty surprises, like being asked to move out of the hotel.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
The secret is in being up front with the hotel where you want to stay.

I'd agree with Rocky 100% on that one. I own a condo in Cabarete, next door to Ocean Dream and would say that both there and our complex wouldn't be keen on a party of late 20's guys keen to party. It's probably fair to say both establishments are aimed more at couples, snow birds or families. At a minimum you're likely to face animosity and confrontation, more likely be asked to move, so getting in the right place, right from the start, is a better idea.

In Cabarete, although I haven't stayed there myself, you might want to consider an AI such as the Azzuro Club but then go out into the town at night? That way you've got the best of both worlds. It's a big hotel so they'd probably give you rooms that were away from families etc. Certainly I've heard partying going on well into the night there. Another place in Cabarete may be the Hotel Cita del Sol, which has apartments. It's central, on the other side of the road to the beach. I stayed there one trip and found it to be clean & friendly, although again, discuss the 'party' side to your plans. This would be a better bet if any of your party are looking for 'guest friendly' places.

I've never stayed in Sosua so wouldn't have a clue about there.

crossfire1

Feb 6, 2008
Finding the right place to stay is key. I have said it before and I'll say it again, rent a villa. When ever guys talk about have a bachelor party, I tell them to get a villa. Going to Azzoro or any other AI hotel is a bad idea, as they do not allow chicas in. Telling the hotel that you want to have a wild party is not a good idea in my opinion. Who wants to waste time calling DR to find the 2-3 hotels that will book you and your rowdy friends. I know which hotels will say yes and so does Rocky.

I just returned from the DR. I stayed at my condo in Cabarete. I was there with a few friends who rented a condo in the same building. We partied every night. We all had different chicas every day and night. The key when renting condos is being low key. We did all of our parting in Sosua and brought the chicas back to the condo for the sex. By this time, everyone is asleep. In the morning the other condo owners and renters saw us leaving with our hot chicas. So what could they say? Nothing. You don't need to bring the party back to the condo believe me, Sosua is wild enough.

Last edited:

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Try Blackbeards in Costambar. Excellent place for a bachelor party. You may never leave the compound!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Casa Cayana in Sosua would be my pick. They are on the web and for July you will find the prices pretty decent. Chica and party friendly. Prime location in the city as well...

R0CKY

Nov 16, 2007
Casa Cayana in Sosua would be my pick. They are on the web and for July you will find the prices pretty decent. Chica and party friendly. Prime location in the city as well...
Great place, without a doubt, but not even close to being big enough for this group.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Great place, without a doubt, but not even close to being big enough for this group.

I have no idea if Casa Cayenna is an ideal place for this group. But it's sure more than big enough to take a group of 8 persons.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have no idea if Casa Cayenna is an ideal place for this group. But it's sure more than big enough to take a group of 8 persons.
Damn,
Pardon me.
I always get Casa Cayena and Casa Valeria mixed up.
My bad.
Yes, Casa Cayena is big enough and suitable too.
Sorry for the mistake.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i would suggest Casa Linda villas for the whole group. all of you can stay in one villa. as suggested, go out and party on the town but don't bring the party back to Casa Linda. i don't think a backyard party would go over too well there. as Rocky said, discuss your plans in advance....

happy hunting...

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Damn,
Pardon me.
I always get Casa Cayena and Casa Valeria mixed up.
My bad.
Yes, Casa Cayena is big enough and suitable too.
Sorry for the mistake.

He he, infact if Valeria isn't booked for July yet, it would be perfeckt, they have atleast 8 rooms, and they could have the whole place to themselves and have a blast around the pool.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
He he, infact if Valeria isn't booked for July yet, it would be perfeckt, they have atleast 8 rooms, and they could have the whole place to themselves and have a blast around the pool.
That's the problem right there.
It's so popular, that it's difficult to book one room, let alone 8.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
These guys definitely should be up front that its for a bachelor party so they don't have any problems. I don't think many places refund your money even if they throw you out so make sure you pick the right place the first time.

Some good choices where you shouldn't have any problems as long as you aren't destructive or disrespectful to the property or other guests.

Hotel New Garden
Casa Cayena
Hotel Europa
BlackBeards

I listed them in order by my preference of first choice down.

If these options fail I would suggest booking a place for 1 night and when your in town look for someplace more suitable.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Might I also respectfully suggest being careful as to how hard you party, if you'll forgive the expression :cheeky:. A British tourist was the subject of an ..........er .........emasculation attempt while he slept at a hotel in Cabarete & is now in Centro Medico.
Desconocidos cortan pene a turista británico en hotel de Cabarete, PP

Desconocidos cortan pene a turista brit?nico en Cabarete - DiarioLibre.com

Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital

El Nacional, la voz de todos

Please consider yourselves warned. :laugh:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Might I also respectfully suggest being careful as to how hard you party, if you'll forgive the expression :cheeky:. A British tourist was the subject of an ..........er .........emasculation attempt while he slept at a hotel in Cabarete & is now in Centro Medico.
Desconocidos cortan pene a turista británico en hotel de Cabarete, PP

Desconocidos cortan pene a turista brit?nico en Cabarete - DiarioLibre.com

Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital

El Nacional, la voz de todos

Please consider yourselves warned. :laugh:
Will we ever know what led up to this incident?
I have to presume that the injured party did something that motivated the perps to attack that one particular part of his body.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Will we ever know what led up to this incident?
I have to presume that the injured party did something that motivated the perps to attack that one particular part of his body.

I would imagine so. Should point out to tourists that this isn't a standard robbery ;). Normally those target precious items which are.........detached. First report I read said it happened while the guy was sleeping on the beach, which beggared belief somewhat. But there are 3 which say it happened in the hotel & one names the hotel............may not be too wonderful for business.

Status
Not open for further replies.