Betacam dead, errrrr, Toshiba's HD-DVD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Toshiba shot the towel into the ring so fast that HD-DVD owners are still pressing the eject on their brains to gain some instant sanity...

What the f... happened!?!
Just as I purchased the dual HD-DVD/Blue Ray to keep hopes alive of a better tomorrow, it turns out they lied!! They lied to us!!!!
Toshiba had made it known that it was going to keep the HD-DVD format alive as a second choice in the market and less than a few weeks later folds!!!!!

I took my deck back to the store and explained that it had problems reading the plain Jane DVD's to get a refund; they tried to give me a replacement instead! I pulled out my "Honeymooners" threat to punch the rep in the kisser and they gave me a full refund, all while grinding their dentures to dust... Thanks God I didn't take a trip to Santiago since I purchased the deck or else... Junk!

Now all hope is gone of having Sony add all the benefits and extras offered by the HD-DVD still missing in their top decks...

I'm questioning the logic behind the film industry to support a single format, when it gives Sony a monopoly over the perks and whistles it can offer along the players... Sony is also a power house in the film industry so it remains to be seen whether they don't manipulate some of the fuzzy logic to benefit their line over that of others...

Next thing you know we'll hear AMD bail out from the microprocessor market...

andrewc52002

Feb 6, 2007
Its Warner's who gave up on HD DVD, and endorsed Blu-ray. Let's see what Microsoft will do with their X-box, which has to be switched to a Blu-ray reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.