Last Trip

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
Just came back to the North Eastern freeze...so tough to deal with it...In to POP, then off to Navarette then to Santiago ( first time into the city, b4 just driving from STI to Sosua ) and I have to admit, it was a VERY pleasant surprise...I like it better than SD ( not to mention PP )...actually I really liked it...( AZB, just import some kolumbianas, don't move ! )...
I only have one complain - why can't the ( expensive ) restaurants in Sosua be constant ? I travel every month over there, and last month's pizza at Bologna was amazing, last week was crap...in Dec the steak at El Torro was SUPER, then in Jan was despicable...Judy's kind of constant, yet the constant "happy" swiss cook can deliver surprises altought Judy's such a good host that one can't wait to go back. And what's the deal with La Roca's prices ?!? I mean the place across the street has a better cook yet their prices are so much decent...I pay less for an omlet on Wall St...anyway, Rocky's ribs are a MUST and ...oh yeah, where would one find the best desserts ? Last nite dinner was at the new pizza place across from Klassicos...the owner/cook very nice chap yet the service was VERY VERY slow and the pizza was nowhere worth the money...however, Sosua is the place...

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
When in the pollo republic eat pollo! It is funny, every time we see pizza on the menu we say ?alright, lets have a pizza?until someone sane reminds us that pizza here is a badly cooked word with corn and ketsup. The local dishes are always the best, even if they are a bandera!!