Funny Friday Theme-Looking to invest $10mil

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There is a guy on board looking for advise as to how to invest 10 million dollars in the DR. Thought with 4" of snow falling here in NYC this would brighten up my day. So..what are the craziest things you could think of.
I'll start with the following: (NO serious ideas please-this is Funny Friday)

1. Factory production of hi button shoes.
2. Stove top hats with a wider brim so as to keep the sun out.
3. Wool jackets to wear at the airport over your bikini when leaving the DR
4. Data registry service to check on "Does anybody know..." inqueries on DR1. Actually I like this idea and if I had the time I would explore it as a biz.
5. Condoms imprinted with................(fill in the blank)

john

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
:cheeky:;):cheeky:;):cheeky::ermm:
I have always liked the idea of a Dry Ski Run down Isabel de Tores!! What a marvellous landmark that would be too for incoming aircraft!!

With only US $10 Mil it would have to be the DRY SKI type of surface - with US $10 mil. mil. you could import snow from Katmandu or the Himalayers on a daily basis!!

Add two more cars (and maybe an extra pontoon or or two to let passengers off ;)) to the existing cable system up/down the mountain ....... & WaHeyyyyyyyyy off we go for a glorious afternoon skiing!! ~ Grahame.:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
3. Wool jackets to wear at the airport over your bikini when leaving the DR
4. Data registry service to check on "Does anybody know..." inqueries on DR1. Actually I like this idea and if I had the time I would explore it as a biz.
5. Condoms imprinted with................(fill in the blank) john

You could run those ideas together. Have billboard strollers at airport (not sure what you call them in US so I guessed, in UK they're sandwich board men who walk up & down with a placard on front & back advertising whatever). In this case with 10 million you could afford to give work to unemployed sankies so they carry a placard 'For those looking for Eduardo, Jose, Juan etc etc' on the front plus some interesting info about the named subjects on the rear. They would have to be outside arrivals at airport to meet the new tourist victims and they could also distribute free condoms with 'Welcome to the DR Have a lovely holiday' (based on the assumption that this isn't too long to fit on a condom for a sankie).

You would be providing an information service, a job creation scheme & a preventative health service all in one go. :)