fishing

M

Mike

planning a trip to Dom.Rep in october of this year. I am looking for any information on fishing there. What kind of species can be caught, charters , liscences ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance mike

J

Jim Hinsch

See <A HREF="http://www.BocaChicaBeach.net">www.BocaChicaBeach.net</A>.

Click on ACTIVITIES, select GO FISHING. There, you will find links to web pages about both large and small fishing charters.

M

Mike

i got to the sit but there is no Go Fishing link under the activities tab. any other ideas? thanks

J

Jim Hinsch

Go to <A HREF="http://www.BocaChicaBeach.net">www.BocaChicaBeach.net</A>.
Select "Activities"
The 5th link down says "Go Fishing" (www.geocities.com/waterskibocachica).

There, you will see information about a small fishing boat. At the bottom of that page is a link for a large fishing boat.
If you speak Spanish, you can call the phone number for the small boat to discuss fishing. Otherwise, the owner of the large boat speaks good English and you can call his number listed to discuss fishing.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

A

Andy

Mike,

Jim H. has info on the Boca Chica area, but the best fishing (and a large charter fleet)is off the East Coast at Bavaro, near Punta Cana.

Although charter boats are few, off the mouth of Samana Bay lies a deep bank that has produced large striking fish, including several 400+ pounds blue marlin that I eventually lost after good fights. I also boated an Atlantic sailfish close to 40 pounds, one of the largest I've ever caught.

Just around the corner and to the north west of Cabo Cabron you will find big dolphin (fish), kings and wahoo, although the best wahoo fishing is up in the NW corner of the country off Monte Cristi.

Hope this helps. Catch 'em up.

C

Capt. Larry Emmons

There is also good Blue and White Marlin fishing off the coast of Monte Cristi. Sailfishing is best in October & November and Club Nautico de Monte Cristi has a three day sailfish tournament in November. Off Monte Cristi, Dorado fishing is always good. There is nothing more exciting than the Chinese Fire Drill when you have four hookups at the same time.

D

Domingo B

Hey Captain Larry!

What about Tarpon?
I realize that if you're trolling offshore for Marlin you might not spot many(!) but have you heard rumours at all?
Looking at a map of the Caribe one sees that there are 'Sabalo' in Florida,Puerto Rico and further south in Trinidad,what about inshore in DR?
Any/all info comment much appreciated.

M

Mike

Re: Hey Captain Larry!

I love to offshore fish but also enjoy some light tackle inshore fishing. Does any one have any ideas on that. Also any good captains and boats anyone could recomend would be appreciated and maybe some rates. Is it possible to rent a small boat and fish myself?

thanks mike