Another Legend passes on.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Just received this from the Sosua board:

A dear friend of many members and a Sos?a legend Skip passed away at 5:30 this morning at the age of 85. Skip will be dearly missed by visiters and residents alike. Rest in Peace Skip. You were truly one of a kind.

Richard

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Rest in peace Skip

I remember Skip from 20 years ago. I close my eyes and see her ordering her Bohemia beer. Driving her little van she would stop by the bar 3 to 4 nights a week. To bad most of the posters here don't have a clue of what the real Sosua was like. Anyway, as you said RIP Skip.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I remember Skip from 20 years ago. I close my eyes and see her ordering her Bohemia beer. Driving her little van she would stop by the bar 3 to 4 nights a week. To bad most of the posters here don't have a clue of what the real Sosua was like. Anyway, as you said RIP Skip.

You brought back some memories. I rode with her in that van to a Thanksgiving dinner back in 1999.

I'm trying to find her picture

A

apostropheman

Don't know if this works:
f08a.jpg

try this :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Fantastic! Thanks for finding that Eddy, it's the one I took in 2003 at the Britannia pub.

Thanks Apo for making it work I tried but couldn't do it.

A

apostropheman

De nada.
Fantastic! Thanks for finding that Eddy, it's the one I took in 2003 at the Britannia pub.

Thanks Apo for making it work I tried but couldn't do it.
I had to move it to photobucket to make it work. I tried to move it to the Media Gallery here, but it said it's "pending approval". Not sure what that's all about :D

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
De nada.I had to move it to photobucket to make it work. I tried to move it to the Media Gallery here, but it said it's "pending approval". Not sure what that's all about :D
Thanks from me to. Someday you will have to show me how to do these things. NO don't try to explain in a PM. Others have tried. LOL.

A

apostropheman

I'll let you know the next time I'm heading south and if you're in the neighbourhood...I'll be happy to show you over a beer or three. :D
Thanks from me to. Someday you will have to show me how to do these things. NO don't try to explain in a PM. Others have tried. LOL.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
You got in a vehicle with Skip? You're a better man than I.

I remember her well. Coke bottle glasses, bit of an all-afternoon buzz on, sliding into her vehicle where she could barely see over the wheel and hitting the auto-pilot to get home.

I also remember when she got beaten and robbed in her home. She toughed it out though, tough old bird that she was.

God rest her, she's earned it.

There sure were some characters back in the day...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You got in a vehicle with Skip? You're a better man than I.

I remember her well. Coke bottle glasses, bit of an all-afternoon buzz on, sliding into her vehicle where she could barely see over the wheel and hitting the auto-pilot to get home.

I also remember when she got beaten and robbed in her home. She toughed it out though, tough old bird that she was.

God rest her, she's earned it.

There sure were some characters back in the day...
She was tough.
No doubt about it.
I seem to remember two big car/van crashes she was in, but she still wouldn't stop driving.
She lived life as all of us should.........
The way she wanted to !

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
She was tough.
No doubt about it.
I seem to remember two big car/van crashes she was in, but she still wouldn't stop driving.
She lived life as all of us should.........
The way she wanted to !
When I think back 20 years or so, another character that comes to mind is Bea Garcia. Both Bea and Skip will go down in Sosua history,

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
When I think back 20 years or so, another character that comes to mind is Bea Garcia. Both Bea and Skip will go down in Sosua history,

Tuning in to the nostalgia channel...........:) last August I had a reunion with two young 'old ex-expats' (Michelle & Linda Sue both visiting DR at the same time) at Rocky's and one of the first names to come up in the list of 'whatever happened to..........?' was that of Bea Garcia. I'd heard about the legend before I met her & when I did it was at Dr. Bob's where I was taking 2 new expats to meet him & there she was, expounding to the world at large about her work for the CIA........:laugh: To say the 2 people with me were gobsmacked was putting it mildly....... Coincidentally last week I came across this stuff on George Rose from The Sunday Times in 1997 & of course Bea Garcia's name comes up:
The Killing of Mr. George, Alix Kirsta