Can you offer a puppy a good home?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Six beautiful pups, boys and girls, are looking for good, caring homes.... can you help? They are currently being cared for in Cabarete until they can find homes. They are all healthy, have been treated for parasites and will have been vaccinated. These puppies will be eligible for free spay/neuters when they are 3 months old. Please take a look and if you know someone that can give a puppy a good home, please send a PM for contact details.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
PICT0019.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0028.jpg

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
can you offer a puppy a good home

Six beautiful pups, boys and girls, are looking for good, caring homes.... can you help? They are currently being cared for in Cabarete until they can find homes. They are all healthy, have been treated for parasites and will have been vaccinated. These puppies will be eligible for free spay/neuters when they are 3 months old. Please take a look and if you know someone that can give a puppy a good home, please send a PM for contact details.

thank's a lot, whirleybird and rocky, just to add:
they are seven - one more found. four boys and three girls,
lovely
sabra

sabra

Jun 16, 2007

hello, everybody,
news from the "seven dwarfs". five of them found a new home.
now two boys still are waiting for nice people to give them a future
in their home.
:bunny: the puppies and me wish a great day to you all

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
They're 2008 model year. With advanced table waiting engineering!
The top models for the DR hard streets: The "Viralata" turbo charged...

Added bonus: Flees are included with actual puppy, no need to get them anywhere!!!

Awwww you are so unkind - where are all the animal lovers?

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Believe me, I've been tempted since your first post, however I was looking for an older dog that's already house broken as I live on the second level of a house with no yard. I have absolutely no experience trying to house train a puppy. So for me, it's just wishful thinking. So sorry. I do hope someone steps up whose more qualified than I am.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Believe me, I've been tempted since your first post, however I was looking for an older dog that's already house broken as I live on the second level of a house with no yard. I have absolutely no experience trying to house train a puppy. So for me, it's just wishful thinking. So sorry. I do hope someone steps up whose more qualified than I am.

If you are truly seeking an older dog which is house trained you are sure to find just the one waiting to be re-homed at Judy's Pet Lodge which is just next to Coastal petrol station approaching Sosua from Cabarete. You can phone her first on 809 571 1167 or just call in.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Whirleybird--do you still have the puppies? I may know a couple of people who are interested. Have they been handled much and do they get along with non-sibling dogs or cats? How about kids...have kids handled them (moreover are the pups terrified of kids?)

They do look like "pure bred" DR dogs...which tend to be terrified of our overgrown 100lb golden retriever but I am a sucker for animals. Let us know which ones are left. And, I NEVER want to see that picture of that OTHER thing (aka hideous dog) ever. Oh that was nasty...but Whirley your pups are adorable and appear sweet.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
although we are animal lovers of all kinds, have the land for them to run and be free, we can't add another male to our family. This would cause doggy wars between our bulldog and the new addition. However, a female would be welcome and if there is one in need of a home let us know. I do hope these pup's find a loving home, they are cute.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Whirleybird, I hope you find homes for those remaining puppies.

I can attest that Domincan Purebreds are among the best dogs in the word.

.... And, I NEVER want to see that picture of that OTHER thing (aka hideous dog) ever. Oh that was nasty...but Whirley
your pups are adorable and appear sweet.

That picture is of Elwood, the winner of the 2007 World's Ugliest Dog Contest at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Petaluma California. :lick:

Sonoma-Marin Fair 2008

In this video you can see what a charming little beastie Elwood is:

YouTube - World's Ugliest Dog Of 2007 Crowned

The phenomenon of ugly dog contests had very positive benefits. Many people are adopting dogs that others find hideous because they are realizing that behind the face is often a sweet dog.

Read Elwood's writeup on this page and you'll see what I mean

Sonoma-Marin Fair 2006

Consider the story of Sam an "unadoptable" dog:

Sam World's Ugliest Dog

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
If you are truly seeking an older dog which is house trained you are sure to find just the one waiting to be re-homed at Judy's Pet Lodge which is just next to Coastal petrol station approaching Sosua from Cabarete. You can phone her first on 809 571 1167 or just call in.

Thanks for that tip Whirleybird. I'll check it out the next time I'm out in Cabarete.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
killing sadisticly a dog is called ART in argentina

YouTube - Guillermo Habacuc Vargas, Bienarte, Maltratador de Animales.

please watch the movie ... you wont believe that such a sadistic action is considered ART in Argentina. please sign the petition ....
the worst part was that every visitor of the gallery accepted this ....

En el a?o 2007, Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, un supuesto artista, cogi? a
> un perro abandonado de la calle, lo at? a una cuerda cort?sima en la
> pared de una galer?a de arte y lo dej? all? para que muriera
> lentamente de hambre y sed:
> Durante varios d?as, tanto el autor de semejante crueldad como los
> visitantes de la galer?a de arte presenciaron impasibles la agon?a del
> pobre animal:
> hasta que finalmente muri? de inanici?n, seguramente tras haber pasado
> por un doloroso, absurdo e incomprensible calvario.
>

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007

First I want to say that I've never really had a dog in my life (well, once when I was 8 years old. and that wasn't for very long), so I don't know the first thing about being a true dog owner. Don't get me wrong, it's not because I don't like them as I've always loved all animals (even cows with their huge brown eyes...(lol)). And actually, I've been the proud owner of cats throughout my life, partly because I love cats, but mostly because the majority of my adult life I've lived in apartment bldgs. where no dogs were allowed. So I dismissed the idea and hadn't really thought about the possibility of being the proud owner of one. Since living here in the DR, not only has it been stated many times on this board that it's a very good idea to have a dog, for at least the appearance of having some kind of protection, but I'm now living in a place where dogs are accepted almost everywhere, including where I currrently reside. I can finally fulfill my wish to have the unconditional love that dogs so happily give. Everytime I look at the pictures of those puppies, my heart breaks for one. (Whirleybird, I do hope you've now found homes for all the pups.) But as I posted, I thought it best that I look for an adult pooch who needs a loving home.

So, that being said, I took Whirleybird's advice and visited Judy. And now I just want to say that I'm getting very close to getting what I've been waiting for. This post is to put you all on alert that I might need to send out some posts to those of you with experience to give me some pointers on how to peacefully bring this new member of my family into my home; for example, how to make the adjustment period go smoothly and hopefully without any distress to the doggie or myself. I'll keep you posted if all goes as planned. Thanks for the suggestion to go and see Judy.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007

DrChrisHE and reese in va, I have sent you a PM with contact details.

hello, whirleybird,
I tried to send mail to you, did anything wrong, so now the new
information this way:
there are still three puppies looking for good homes,
all three are boys, very playful, growing day by day,
healthy and lovely.
sabra:bunny:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
trabajadora, I am so pleased that you got along to Judy's and are now seriously considering adopting one of the dogs she and her team are fostering there at the kennels. I am sure you will make a good decision and, providing you give lots of care and attention and a good meal or two a day, you and your new companion will adjust this fine. Good luck and ask any questions you may have via this board or by PM or email to me or any of the other dog lovers on here.

sabra, I have your message and have sent you a reply via email. I am so happy that you have found homes for some of the puppies and sure it is just a matter of time until you find equally great new owners for the 3 'boys' which you have left. Just to remind other people reading, there are photos of the pups in Post 2, posted by Rocky for us, and the pups will have their required injections and parasite treatment prior to being rehomed and also qualify for the free 'doggie fixing operation' when they are of age.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
trabajadora, I am so pleased that you got along to Judy's and are now seriously considering adopting one of the dogs she and her team are fostering there at the kennels. I am sure you will make a good decision and, providing you give lots of care and attention and a good meal or two a day, you and your new companion will adjust this fine. Good luck and ask any questions you may have via this board or by PM or email to me or any of the other dog lovers on here.

Yes, I'm picking up the newest member of the family on Monday morning! I'm so excited! I went to see him today to see how he was doing; still sore and a little swollen from his "fixing" on Wednesday. He's on antibiotics but Judy says he should be fine. He licked me all over today and seems to remember me from Wednesday (just my imagination?). Anyway, I went out and got all the stuff I need to make him happy today. Can't wait until Monday. I truly hope he likes his new home and doesn't have bad habits already. Thanks for the support Whirleybird. I'll be writing you real soon I'm sure. I need to know how to make sure he doesn't start "going" in the house. (smile) If anybody else wants to PM me with tips, they are all extremely welcome.

:cheeky: