Credit cards at the Supermarkets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOP

Jan 29, 2008
Do the larger supermarkets between POP and Cabarete accept credit cards for food purchases?

Thanks!

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
They will ask for ID though. Bring along something with your picture on it. Driver's license, passport . . even a good (colour) copy of the passport main page will often work.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I have never been asked for photo ID in Jose Luis when using my visa there...but better to be safe than sorry I guess.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've been in line at Playero in Sosua behind people I thought were visitors that were using credit cards. Have not yet seen anyone asked for ID, but I think they should be. To be safe, be prepared.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
OK. I guess I should have said: they MAY ask for ID. With us (we) who come anually and who may look (and act) a little pale, they usually ask for ID.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Come to think of it . . . that's only been in Las Terrenas . . . never in Sosua or POP. Hmmm?!

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
check the individual fees for each card - they vary a lot...one card killed me in "foreign" fees while other card fees vere absolutely minimal...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I never see them asking their clients for ID when paying with credit cards, but it's a small town and they may know all their regular costomers.
Possibly they ask strangers for ID.

lcanale1

Feb 28, 2008
credit card fraud

guys, be careful when and where you use credit card. i used to use it in "safe" places like gas stations and grocery stores, but someone stole my cc information and they charged me about $500. My suggestion is to go to the bank and use the ATM so your transactions can be in cash. I only use my CC at the hotel and rental car. my two cents.... be careful!

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
i used mine at a good rental company in puerta plata and that was the only place i used it.When i got back to airport to pay someone used my card and tried to charge over 10,000 us dollar to computer equipment.Before that is was used in a gas station and in hemingways reataurant.I did not use the card on the whole trip.So be careful.in the dr they still amke a fotocopy of the credit card to hold in case u do not return..

Status
Not open for further replies.