Bussiness Mail (POP) experience?

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
I have been using Bussiness Mail for several years, an until now I was happy with them.
For those of you that don't know what I'm speaking about, Bussiness Mail gives you a Mailbox in Miami, when you can get your purchases, and after that you can go to Business Mail office in POP to retire them.

They used to call me when my stuff arrived, not more.
The waiting time frame is definitely longer, when I asked for they say me that all arrives by "cargo", not "paqueter?a".

May be they are downsizing and trimming services ???

I don't know really.

Does some of you know what is going on in Business Mail?

Ben

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes we had noticed no advisory phone calls (until BushBaby went in and caused mayhem :cheeky:) and I would concur that my bank statements out of UK take forever & are much slower than before BUT just recently I had two pairs of spectacles sent out from UK via Business Mail and they arrived in super quick time so, perhaps things are picking up again?

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
I hope it improves fast Lambada.

My last package was delivered in Miami on February 8 and I'm still waiting for it. And my previous package also took a life to be delivered.

Ben

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If you are in Stgo, try Vimenpaq off of JP Duarte on the left after crossing Las Carreras heading for Calle La Sol. They are cheaper too.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I've got a big problem too

After several years of good service, I, too, am having a serious problem with Business Mail. I had my mail forwarded as of the end of December. The second week of January I received a package (of medicine). But to this day not ONE piece of mail! The people in POP have been of no help. I've spoken to BM in Florida on several occasions, with no results. (I've checked at my condo in NJ, and the only mail being held consists of bulk mail, so the post office is doing there part.)
BTW: BM changed their Florida address back in the fall of 2007, so, if you're using the Miami address, your mail has to be forwarded! to a Doral address.

I can't speculate on why things are so screwed-up in my case, but will post if (and when) I learn anything

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Took 13 days to get a small package sent from Tampa to the Doral Florida office to arrive in Santiago.

Cost me $4.50 U.S to get it through BM, it was just 2 small bottles of eye drops, weight only about 4 ounces, so that must be the minimal charge.

I complained once that the U.S. Postal Service showed they received a package, they told me I was wrong, that it just meant it arrived in the ZIP code. Must think I?m stupid I guess.

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
...<p>
I can't speculate on why things are so screwed-up in my case, but will post if (and when) I learn anything

I wrote Miami but I have been using the Doral address for a time.

My guess it that they are downsizing at our expense.

They used to have an employee at the front desk in POP but now people from the back appear where customers appear, that may also explain why they are not calling me anymore when new packages arrive.

The employee in POP told me that it tooks more time because it comes as "cargo". I'm not sure what she meant, but if they are sending by sea the packages instear air, it will take a really long time to get them here.

In POP there are not other choices known by me, so I will have to put up with them for a while...

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Slow!!! More Slow??? Alternatives??

I've been a BusMail customer for @ 4 years; mail used to take @ 1 week, from the USA [MA, for example]. Now? 2 - 3 weeks?
* An oddity? Periodicals [ex. the Wall Street Journal] & magazines are in POP 5 - 7 days after delivery to BusMail in FL. Why? Logical?
* Suggestion: don't rely on the BusMail employees to call you. Check once per week in person, unless the shipment is urgent.
* Only game in town [POP]? In my experience with the competition, BusMail is by far the best alternative available in POP. Santiago? I don't know; does anyone from POP want to go to Santiago once per week, or so, to pick up her mail?
* Emails or complaints to the Busmail web site? A complete waste of time. Like most DR businesses, it never, never responds to customer complaints.
* Bravo, BusMail! Is any other similar retail business in POP open 12 hours a day, ie not shut down from 12:00 to 2:00 every day so every employee can take a 2 hour lunch break @ the same time?
* Q: time for a foreign entrepenuer with some capital to start new national or north shore mail service? Expensive? Lucrative? Dealing weekly with DR Customs? Fed Ex? UPS? Food for thought. I shall not volunteer.
* "This too shall pass."

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I have been using Bussiness Mail for several years, an until now I was happy with them.
For those of you that don't know what I'm speaking about, Bussiness Mail gives you a Mailbox in Miami, when you can get your purchases, and after that you can go to Business Mail office in POP to retire them.

They used to call me when my stuff arrived, not more.
The waiting time frame is definitely longer, when I asked for they say me that all arrives by "cargo", not "paqueter?a".

May be they are downsizing and trimming services ???

I don't know really.

Does some of you know what is going on in Business Mail?

have used them for years with minimal problems...now that I can check internet for packages in miami and here in Sd,it is much more efficient.Also can call their phone and get all info with a pin number,even number of letters as well as pkgs without having to talk to a live person.Web site also gives the price of shipping...I think their service is great.
bob