What Was I Listening Too?

spatdog

Feb 24, 2008
I just spent a week at a resort 10 minutes east of santo domingo. there were 3 songs that kept repeating themselves over and over again all week but now that im home i cant find them. does anyone have any idea what those songs are and if so where i can find them? thanks

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
jeez. you know...IT WOULD HELP if 1) you told us the name of the resort 2) what did the songs sound like (where they merengue, bachata etc) 3) when did you stay there.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I'll bet you one was "Dale maraka" they over play one, at the resort and radio!
great song though!

LauraP

Jan 10, 2005
Cha Cha Slide

That would be my guess too. Or 'Follow the Leader' .... I had the Don Juan Resort burn a CD a couple years back

spatdog

Feb 24, 2008
i stayed at Coral Costa Caribe Resort which is 10 minutes east of Santo Domingo and i was there just last week, Feb 08'. All three songs were in spanish and i dont think they were just resort songs. I heard them being played at a local beach and also while waiting for a boat to go to Saona Island. Im not too sure what type of music it was unfortunatly. it was my first time being submerged into that culture so im just learning.

spatdog

Feb 24, 2008
i found one of the songs!!! it is Si No Me Amas by Omega...but any suggestions about the others would be great. same type of genre i think

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
Omega - Si Tu No Me Amas !

I heard this song:

At minimum, 4 times a day for 36 days straight.

The local chicas have a wonderful dance routine for this song.

When I was there I hated it, but know I miss it terribly.

Thanx.