Need a bit of assistance

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Would it be possible for someone in Santiago and someone in Santo Domingo to verify if a book titled "Diccionario de Dominicanismos" (Paperback) is available and where?

A friend of mine asked me to check, but since I live in Puerto Plata and the book is more likely to be available in the two larger cities, I ask for help.

My friend, unfortunately, did not give me publisher or author. She did, say, however, that is is available in the US for around $27.00.

ETA Just did a search and the author is Carlos Esteban Deive.

TIA

Last edited:

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Would it be possible for someone in Santiago and someone in Santo Domingo to verify if a book titled "Diccionario de Dominicanismos" (Paperback) is available and where?

A friend of mine asked me to check, but since I live in Puerto Plata and the book is more likely to be available in the two larger cities, I ask for help.

My friend, unfortunately, did not give me publisher or author. She did, say, however, that is is available in the US for around $27.00.

ETA Just did a search and the author is Carlos Esteban Deive.

TIA

You're in luck...we have one in the office!

Diccionario de Dominicanismos

Author: Carlos Esteban Deive
Publisher: Libreria La Trinitaria
Printer: Editora Manati

Although, you basically have all this info. I would assume Libreria Cuesta in Santo Domingo carries some copies. They have a large branch on 27 de Febrero close to the corner of Lincoln inside the Supermercado Nacional building.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Thanks to both of you! I am supposedly going to be traveling to Santo Domingo in the near future and can pick up a copy if I know where to look.